Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: HomeKit and Lutron not playing well.

Question HomeKit and Lutron not playing well.

Okay, I have an issue that I cannot figure out.When using the HOME app to control my Lutron devices, it doesn't work unless I am at home and connected to my home network. Here is my setup:I have HomeKit set up at my house. I am using an Apple 4K TV set top box as my HOME control center. I have the Apple TV logged in using my icloud account (which is the administrator account). I also have 2-step verification turned on. The Apple tvOS is running tvOS 14.0.1 and it is set to NEVER sleep.Network is using Spectrum Router (which is my DHCP server assigning IP addresses). I have the Lutron Hub plugged directly into the Spectrum router. I also have an Apple Extreme Base Station (set to bridge mode, it doesn't assign IP addresses) that has two wireless networks set up; {network name** and {network name**5GHz. The first one is my 2.4 GHz network and the second one is my 5GHz network. I also have a Trend Micro Home Security device plugged directly into my Spectrum Router. This will not allow anyone to connect to my network without being approved through the Trend Micro app on my iPhone. The Apple TV is also attached to the Apple Base Station Extreme using an ethernet connection (I tried using a wireless connection and that didn't make any difference).I have an Apple iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 14.0.1 and have the Lutron app installed. I have several other WIFI and Bluetooth items added to my HomeKit setup (locks, sensors, WIFI thermostat, in-wall electrical plugs).When I am at home, everything works most of the time. Every once in a while, all of the Lutron switches will show "No Response".Whether or not I am at home, all of my other non-Lutron devices, both WIFI and Bluetooth, work just fine and I can check their status and turn them on and off, so forth. HOWEVER, if I turn off the WIFI while I am at home, OR if I leave home and am someplace else, I cannot access the Lutron devices with my HOME app. It shows "No Response" on all of the Lutron devices. BUT, I can access and control the Lutron devices through the Lutron app on my phone.If I can access the devices though the Lutron app no matter where I am at, then I would think I would be able to access them with the HOME app. This just doesn't make any sense to me.I have tried everything I can think of with no success. I even factory reset the Lutron Hub and then added all of the Lutron devices back again. Still can't get remote access through the HOME app to work. I did this before I discovered that I could still access the Lutron devices through the Lutron app. It is as if the issue resides with the HOME app not "seeing" the Lutron hub whenever I am not physically at home and am connected to my home network.Thoughts/Suggestions? What am I missing?

Apologies, I had this all formatted with paragraphs and when I posted it, all of the paragraphs went away and it jammed everything together. Ugh!!!!

One other thing I have noticed is that the Eve app and the Lutron app works when I am away. But the Controller app and the Home app don't. Why can I operate the Lutron devices in two of these apps but not in the other two?

Lutron Technical Support
    Sounds like and HomeKit Hub association issue. Have you reached out to Apple to troubleshoot? May want to send a support file to systemsupport@lutron.com as well explaining this issue and they may be able to help. You can do this in the lutron app by going to Settings>Help and send the support file.

Matt,Thanks for the reply. I'll try that.

Any update to this? I’m having the same issues