Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rrd-pro + rd-rd

Rrd-pro + rd-rd

Hi all!! My wife and I just bought an older home and while I haven't checked everywhere I'm pretty sure I'm missing neutral wires so was looking at using RRD-PROs... can an RD-RD be used in tandem without a neutral or are there concerns I should be aware of before I go down this road?

You can use an RD-RD with a a Pro. Have a look at some of the documentation so you don’t go in blind, but it’s not exactly rocket science.

Evan, I appreciate your response. Although I think I could have been clearer. If I am in a situation where no locations have neutrals (thinking worst case as it is an older home and we're not wanting to run wire right now) what would my options look like? Is it RRD-PRO + Picos? Seems like both the RD-RD and RD-RS require neutrals.

RD-RD does not require neutral. There isn’t even a neutral connection in the device. The only connections are brass, black and blue.

- - - Updated - - -

The beauty of the pro dimmer is that you can connect the neutral if it is available but no problem if it is not available.

Thanks Evan, much appreciated!

If you don't have a neutral available, make sure your LEDs say forward phase dimming. Sometimes they say "incandescent dimmer." Avoid anything that says reverse phase, trailing edge or electronic low voltage dimming.

You will also want to test before you get in too deep. Performance will be degraded without the neutral. I've had pretty good luck with EcoSmart (HomeDepot store brand).
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com