Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Migrating from MA-600

Migrating from MA-600

I have MA-600 dimmers (with a couple of 3-ways using, I think, MA-Rs) installed in 2008 controlling mostly PAR30 short halogen bulbs and a few PAR20 bulbs in a 120V track.

I want to switch to LED bulbs. I have been trying to understand the information on the Lutron site to figure out bulb compatibility, etc. But I am finding it impenetrable. (And with lots of obsolete and missing pages.)

I gather the likely upgrade path is to MACL-153M dimmers, again with MA-Rs. Or possibly MA-PRO.

When I check the bulb compatibility chart for these dimmers, I don't find any PAR30 or PAR20 bulbs listed. Can that be right? Am I out of luck?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hi Paul_Ma, there aren't a lot of options for Par 20 LEDs that have been tested. We do have 1 tested Par 20 for the Maestro Pro dimmer. I've included the link to the bulbs testing which includes the manufacture and model number for the bulb. [url]https://www.lutron.com/en-US/ResourceLibrary/LEDReportCard/Report%20Card%20Philips%203229%20PAR20%20929001317 103%207W%202018%20Jan%20Rev%20Da.pdf If you have any more questions you can email us at leds@lutron.com

Mike - thanks. I'm more concerned with the PAR30 short necks. I've been watching for years to see any LED versions of these. I finally started seeing some of them show up. Even now they seem to be limited availability and some of them are very strange looking. But I do now see a few that appear to look "normal". I've got 26 of them that I would like to change.

I wouldn't feel too bad about leaving the PAR20 track lights as halogens. I only have six of them and they aren't used so much.

P.S. That url you posted didn't work for me.

Just because an LED is not in the database doesn’t mean it won’t work. As far as LED dimmers go, the PRO is the latest and greatest. I would get one PAR20 LED from Home Depot and see how well it works. If it sucks, return it.