Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Intregration between two networks and one QS processor

Intregration between two networks and one QS processor

I have a project I am working on where we will have a QS processor connected to the AV network with a static IP address. Nothing strange.

But we now have a third intregrator that is using a different network (No internet allowed) and would like to press some phantom buttons through iDs.
    I was planning to use the QSE-CI-NWK-E to connect it. This would have a completly different network setup and would is noly needed to press buttons and get feed back from those buttons.

But i was told the NWK was not been sold anymore. Am I right or is there something else we can use that connects to the QS link.

thanks

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by abutchart View Post
    I have a project I am working on where we will have a QS processor connected to the AV network with a static IP address. Nothing strange.

But we now have a third intregrator that is using a different network (No internet allowed) and would like to press some phantom buttons through iDs.
    I was planning to use the QSE-CI-NWK-E to connect it. This would have a completly different network setup and would is noly needed to press buttons and get feed back from those buttons.

But i was told the NWK was not been sold anymore. Am I right or is there something else we can use that connects to the QS link.

thanks
    abutchart,

The QSE-CI-NWK is still being sold.

Are you going to activate the QSE-CI-NWK into the HWQS system? You will not be able to have both a standalone NWK and HWQS controlling devices on a network. You will need to activate the NWK into the HWQS system and then the integrator can send it commands and receive feedback.

Kevin
    Thanks, After posting I found out they were still being sold.
    The system plan was to have the QS processor connected to the projects network on a static ip address for programming and ipad control.
    The NWK was going to be connected on the QS link but have a totally different IP address and gateway and only being used by special intregrator for their system as the projects network for have internet access and the other one must not be connected.

Would it work ???

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by abutchart View Post
    Kevin
    Thanks, After posting I found out they were still being sold.
    The system plan was to have the QS processor connected to the projects network on a static ip address for programming and ipad control.
    The NWK was going to be connected on the QS link but have a totally different IP address and gateway and only being used by special intregrator for their system as the projects network for have internet access and the other one must not be connected.

Would it work ???
    abutchart,

Yes. This will work. We have tested this and confirmed it to work.