Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RadioRA2 Essentials and Sivoia QS Wireless Roller Shades

RadioRA2 Essentials and Sivoia QS Wireless Roller Shades

I'm trying to add my new QS Wireless Roller shades to my RadioRA2 setup using the essentials designer but I cannot figure out how to activate them. They work with the remotes that i have setup, but i'd like to add them to the RadioRA2 project so that I can add them to some programming and automation. I've seen a youtube video where they activated them using the Connect Bridge - but my Connect Bridge doesn't work right now because it needs a firmware upgrade that I don't have access to (apparently). Is there any way to activate the shades with the main repeater like all of the rest of the equipment so that I can control them in the RadioRA2 Essentials Designer?

Quote Originally Posted by briandilley View Post
    I'm trying to add my new QS Wireless Roller shades to my RadioRA2 setup using the essentials designer but I cannot figure out how to activate them. They work with the remotes that i have setup, but i'd like to add them to the RadioRA2 project so that I can add them to some programming and automation. I've seen a youtube video where they activated them using the Connect Bridge - but my Connect Bridge doesn't work right now because it needs a firmware upgrade that I don't have access to (apparently). Is there any way to activate the shades with the main repeater like all of the rest of the equipment so that I can control them in the RadioRA2 Essentials Designer?
    Make sure you have the right version of the software. There is/was a version called "designer" that had limited functionality. It was intended for salesreps to be able to walk through a site and layout the software and hand over to a programmer.

Your shades can be part of a stand-alone system (which you have setup) or part of a control system (like RA2) but not both. If you want them in the RA2 system you will need to set them back to factory default.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Another thing to check -- Shades have their own tab in the activations screen and it's easy to miss. I missed it the first time I added a shade to my system. Look for it on the left side of the screen when you are in Activations. It's next to Controls and Repeaters.

I don't believe shades require a Connect Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Make sure you have the right version of the software. There is/was a version called "designer" that had limited functionality.
    I have RadioRA2 Essentials 11.6.0 and 12.9.0. 12.9.0 doesn't have the activate and programming features so I don't use it. I think it needs to be upgraded or enabled or something and I could never figure out how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by gt3mike View Post
    Another thing to check -- Shades have their own tab in the activations screen and it's easy to miss. I missed it the first time I added a shade to my system. Look for it on the left side of the screen when you are in Activations. It's next to Controls and Repeaters. I don't believe shades require a Connect Bridge.
    you were right - i got it all working without the bridge. thanks!