Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: P-bdg-pkg2w-a

P-bdg-pkg2w-a

Hello!I purchased and installed this kit: Lutron Caseta Smart Start Kit, Dimmer Switch (2 Count) with Smart Bridge and Pico remotes, Works with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and the Google Assistant | P-BDG-PKG2W-A | WhiteI installed them next to each other as 2-gang, one for the kitchen ceiling light, and one for the undercabinet strip lights. Both are smart LED (Sylvania and Philips Hue, respectively) and dimmable.I actually haven't installed or plugged in the the strip lights yet so the switch isn't connected to anything yet. However, I noticed that whenever I turn on the ceiling light, the light has a faint buzzing sound. When I turn it off, the light buzzes a little more loudly for about 1 second as it's fading in/out. I don't really use the dimmer function much since it seems to be pretty slow. The buzz is not very loud and it doesn't bother me too much, but is it ok to leave it this way or will this damage the light and/or the switch over time? Is it possible to get rid of the buzz?Thank you!

Quote Quote
    Both are smart LED (Sylvania and Philips Hue, respectively) and dimmable.
    What are you trying to accomplish?

Smart light bulbs and switches of any type, but especially smart switches are not really compatible. They're working against each other.

The smart bulb wants constant power and provides it's own dimming. It doesn't want the power sent to it to be changed to create a dimming. They are not the same as a dumb bulb that is dimming capable from a switch.

The Caseta switch in this case, when it's off is still allowing a small current though the switch to the bulb. This is how the switch powers itself to support it's smart features. The smart bulbs are seeing this small current which isn't enough to allow them to power their own smart circuitry, and they're buzzing because they're being under powered.