Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Do non-lighting specific Picos (Shades, music, etc.) show up as such in Connect App?

Do non-lighting specific Picos (Shades, music, etc.) show up as such in Connect App?

I know on the Caseta app they do, but for some reason even though I have picked the correct pico in the designer software that has the shade icon, on the app it still shows up with the light icon. Was that an old bug that was fixed or that's just how it is? I am using version 12.4 of the designer software.

Ok so I found out that you are in fact supposed to see the correct icon- at least with shades, BUT it has to be programmed for a shade, otherwise it defaults to the light bulb icon. Leaving this here in case someone is googling around and ends up here. I would imagine it's the same for Radio Ra2 as well.

Thanks for the update. Now I am curious. Some PICOs have icons, others have text. If the app isn't pulling the model from the system it could cause some confusion for the end user. They see a PICO with icons on the screen but have a PICO with text in the room.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

To be fair, I don't think many people program picos on the app so they can use the pico buttons in the app but instead use the actual pico but it's probably an area Lutron needs to examine to make it less confusing. I noticed that on one of the buttons that I programmed myself and where it had shades, it still had the light bulb.