Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caseta fan control for multiple fans?

Caseta fan control for multiple fans?

I have a new patio cover and I want to automate fans and lighting with Lutron equipment. The cover has two outdoor fans with pull-string controls on one circuit. I'd like to use Caseta controls but apparently they are limited to only a single fan and 1.25a max load. Except for running a new circuit for the 2nd fan are there any Caseta solutions for managing multiple ceiling fans on one circuit?

Maybe this is better placed in the design assistance forum? Admin please remove

Of course you could use a switch. If you have an attic you could install a fan controller for each fan up there, and install Picos at the switch locations. That would be the best solution but is reliant on an attic space.

Didnt Lutron use to have a conventional solution that used controllers in the canopy? I dont see them marketed now

Quote Originally Posted by Miketyler View Post
    Didnt Lutron use to have a conventional solution that used controllers in the canopy? I dont see them marketed now
    Yes. The Maestro fan controls used canopy modules. A single device could control up to 4 canopy modules.

They still offer Rotary fan controls that will control multiple fans (up to 5 amps). They also offer Nova T fan controls that are rated for 6 and 12 amps.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

No about all you can do is get a Pico and tie multiple fan speed controllers together in software.

Thanks for all the responses so far. I'm limited on space as this is a covered patio with no attic. I really wanted the Caseta functions that allow operation from my phone even if it meant separate controls. With the other reports of speed issues with some fans maybe I should buy a dimmer and confirm compatibility first?

Dimmers and Fans generally frowned upon

I recommend trying an on/off switch. In my case, once the new wore off the fan speed controllers, nobody adjusts the speed -- and when they do, they standup and pull the chain.

Agreed - I would like to activate them by Caseta. Does the simple on/off switch have the amp rating to run both fans?

Definitely don't dim anything that is not dimmable light- it often appears to work until the dimmer, the fan or both die. Bad deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast