Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Have to reset switch every day

Have to reset switch every day

Have the switch for the exterior house lights on a schedule, but every day in order to get them to come back on, I have to pull out the manual OFF Switch and reset it even to use the switch via the buttons manually. There is a second switch for the lights which I've tried in both positions and doesn't make a difference. As far as I can tell I did wire it up properly, but maybe not since it's not working right. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

You will have to do a little rewiring to use the Caseta switch with a mechanical toggle. You can find the directions at the link below.

https://www.casetawireless.com/docum...ced%20inst.pdf
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    You will have to do a little rewiring to use the Caseta switch with a mechanical toggle. You can find the directions at the link below. https://www.casetawireless.com/docum...ced%20inst.pdf
    I already did rewire the mechanical switch with the yellow jumper wire as directed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Bucho View Post
    I already did rewire the mechanical switch with the yellow jumper wire as directed.
    If you are using dimmer it could be a compatibility issue. That usually isn't an issue with switches. You could try the LUT-MLC minimum load capacitor.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

It's not a dimmer, it's just a switch if that matters.

So this is a three-way switch. Two switches controlling the same set of lights. From what I read, you have replaced one switch and rewired the second mechanical switch with the jumper wire.Questions:1. Which Lutron switch did you use to replace the first switch with?2. Does this circuit have a neutral wire (white wire) and did you hook it up?3. Are you sure you put the jumper on the two travelers on the second mechanical switch?You may want to get an electrician to check your wiring and make sure you have the two switches wired correctly. If they are not wired properly, it could cause an electrical issue that could cause a fire. Having been a volunteer fire fighter, since retired, for nearly a decade, I saw a lot of house fires; several of which could have been prevented. Just sayin...