Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Shades don’t go down all the way

Shades don’t go down all the way

I’m having an issue with my Serena shades. They don’t touch the windowsill and light comes in Underneath. They’re the right size. I’ve had them for probably a few years. I did reset them and lowered them but it’s not low enough. They just end up reverting to not touching the sill. I have manually pulled them down to touch the sill and there’s plenty of extra. So why won’t they stay down? It’s a pain to remove them from my account and then have to add them back and redo all my groups and timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Therebill View Post
    I’m having an issue with my Serena shades. They don’t touch the windowsill and light comes in Underneath. They’re the right size. I’ve had them for probably a few years. I did reset them and lowered them but it’s not low enough. They just end up reverting to not touching the sill. I have manually pulled them down to touch the sill and there’s plenty of extra. So why won’t they stay down? It’s a pain to remove them from my account and then have to add them back and redo all my groups and timers.
    It sounds like the lower limit needs to be changed. This can be done in the app if I remember correctly. Look for limit sets and have the lower limit closer to the sill.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinB. View Post
    It sounds like the lower limit needs to be changed. This can be done in the app if I remember correctly. Look for limit sets and have the lower limit closer to the sill.
    I’m using my shades with Wink. I don’t see the option. Last time this happened I had to remove the shades from my account and reprogram them and add them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Therebill View Post
    I’m using my shades with Wink. I don’t see the option. Last time this happened I had to remove the shades from my account and reprogram them and add them back.
    According to the Wink website (under product FAQ https://www.wink.com/help/products/l...serena-shades/) you need to set the limits using a Pico (the remote used with the shades) This can be done using the instructions from here: https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...allet_Card.pdf I hope this helps.