Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Does Sunnata work like Mastro dimmer for LED strips?

Does Sunnata work like Mastro dimmer for LED strips?

Hi, I like the Sunnata dimmers and they seem to say the are "LED+" like the newer versions of Maestro dimmers (used to be C-L). I would like to use a single color LED strip form a company called Flexfire LEDs, and their recommended Zurik EMLV LED Driver. The 24V strip will consume about 30 Watts, and ideally I want full 0-100% dimming range. Flexfire reports compatibiility with this Zurik driver (ZRK-EMLV2-96W-24VDC-J (class 2)) and a number of Lutron dimmers, including models of the Caseta, Diva, and Maestro. I would like to use a Sunnata (e.g., STCL-153PH-W). My question to this group is -- will this Sunnata LED+ behave like a Maesto LED+ (e.g., MACL-153M-LA)? The compatibility of the driver with Lutron dimmers is here: https://www.flexfireleds.com/content...patibility.pdf The LED strip I am using is here: https://www.flexfireleds.com/outdoor...d-strip-light/ Many thanks~~~~
    Last edited by Loudoun777; 09-01-2020 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Corrected

Don't expect 0-100. Yo should get a neutral based Maestro dimmer and use a Lutron LED driver. I have used Flexfire and their drivers are OK, they go down to about 8-10%. Lutron LED drivers almost always work better than something else.
    Evan Kirkhart- Home Electronics Solutions
    evan@homeelectronics.solutions

The Sunnata dimmer has some limitations, I would recommend getting a Maestro. Plus, with Maestro you can get satin colors etc.
    Evan Kirkhart- Home Electronics Solutions
    evan@homeelectronics.solutions

Sunnata works for me

Hi - thank you for the feedback. I like the Sunnata look and you are correct that I get down to 8-10%, but that turns out good enough for me. When the off button is pushed, I get the 0%, which is great. I have Maestro's all around the house, but I like these Sunnatas even better (cosmetically). I have played around with this combination and this Sunnata - Zurik EMLV driver - FlexFire LED strip works great and looks really sharp in the bathroom. Thanks Lutron for this message board - appreciate it.