Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Does Sunnata work like Mastro dimmer for LED strips?

Does Sunnata work like Mastro dimmer for LED strips?

Hi, I like the Sunnata dimmers and they seem to say the are "LED+" like the newer versions of Maestro dimmers (used to be C-L). I would like to use a single color LED strip form a company called Flexfire LEDs, and their recommended Zurik EMLV LED Driver. The 24V strip will consume about 30 Watts, and ideally I want full 0-100% dimming range. Flexfire reports compatibiility with this Zurik driver (ZRK-EMLV2-96W-24VDC-J (class 2)) and a number of Lutron dimmers, including models of the Caseta, Diva, and Maestro. I would like to use a Sunnata (e.g., STCL-153PH-W). My question to this group is -- will this Sunnata LED+ behave like a Maesto LED+ (e.g., MACL-153M-LA)? The compatibility of the driver with Lutron dimmers is here: https://www.flexfireleds.com/content...patibility.pdf The LED strip I am using is here: https://www.flexfireleds.com/outdoor...d-strip-light/ Many thanks~~~~
    Last edited by Loudoun777; 09-01-2020 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Corrected

Don't expect 0-100. Yo should get a neutral based Maestro dimmer and use a Lutron LED driver. I have used Flexfire and their drivers are OK, they go down to about 8-10%. Lutron LED drivers almost always work better than something else.

The Sunnata dimmer has some limitations, I would recommend getting a Maestro. Plus, with Maestro you can get satin colors etc.

Sunnata works for me

Hi - thank you for the feedback. I like the Sunnata look and you are correct that I get down to 8-10%, but that turns out good enough for me. When the off button is pushed, I get the 0%, which is great. I have Maestro's all around the house, but I like these Sunnatas even better (cosmetically). I have played around with this combination and this Sunnata - Zurik EMLV driver - FlexFire LED strip works great and looks really sharp in the bathroom. Thanks Lutron for this message board - appreciate it.

Does Sunnata cut off all power to your led strip lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Loudoun777 View Post
    Hi - thank you for the feedback. I like the Sunnata look and you are correct that I get down to 8-10%, but that turns out good enough for me. When the off button is pushed, I get the 0%, which is great. I have Maestro's all around the house, but I like these Sunnatas even better (cosmetically). I have played around with this combination and this Sunnata - Zurik EMLV driver - FlexFire LED strip works great and looks really sharp in the bathroom. Thanks Lutron for this message board - appreciate it.
    Hello, we have a different brand of LED strip lights (AC5050) which are dimmable and stated to "work with most dimmers." We installed them with the Maestro dimmer and the programmable aspect of the Maestro is great for finetuning the dimming BUT it does not shut off the leds completely. Some amount of power continues even when the switch is clicked off, presumably to light the display, and it is enough to light the leds dimly. Wondering if the Sunnata similarly always has power.

The Sunnata is digital like the Maestro dimmer- the only way to cut full power to the Sunnata is to pull the FASS tab underneath the main on/off rocker into the "off" position. Also sharing that the Sunnata family line is expanding and there is a Sunnata PRO ST-PRO-N dimmer that will be released at the end of January 2022. In a sense it is the Sunnata version of the PRO dimmer. There are videos under Lutron Electronic's main YouTube page that cover installing the Sunnata PRO dimmer in a multi-location and single pole application, as well as a video that goes over the Sunnata Family line and the new devices added to the line up, including the ST-PRO-N. If you have any other questions our tech support team is available anytime, 24/7 at (1-888-588-7661) and support@lutron.com.