Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DVCL-153P lights flicker stop when dimmed

DVCL-153P lights flicker stop when dimmed

I recently did a color change on the light switches in my house updating DVCL-153Ps with a new color. In a couple instances there were DVEVL-300 or 303Ps in place, but 12 out of 14 were 153ps.I'm have a couple rooms with 6 LED ceiling fixtures that flicker when I turn on the lights. If I dim the lights, the flickering stops and I can raise the lighting level without flicker.The LED fixtures in question seem older with 12 small bulbs embedded in a 1.5" or so unit. I'm not sure if those fixtures are impacting the situation.- One of these rooms is three way wired with a separate 3 way switch that works.- Another problematic room is one way wired without any other controls.Since I'm doing a color swap, I'm wondering what the issue could be.

Quote Originally Posted by marcva View Post
    I recently did a color change on the light switches in my house updating DVCL-153Ps with a new color. In a couple instances there were DVEVL-300 or 303Ps in place, but 12 out of 14 were 153ps.I'm have a couple rooms with 6 LED ceiling fixtures that flicker when I turn on the lights. If I dim the lights, the flickering stops and I can raise the lighting level without flicker.The LED fixtures in question seem older with 12 small bulbs embedded in a 1.5" or so unit. I'm not sure if those fixtures are impacting the situation.- One of these rooms is three way wired with a separate 3 way switch that works.- Another problematic room is one way wired without any other controls.Since I'm doing a color swap, I'm wondering what the issue could be.
    The DVCL is a forward phase dimmer. The DVELV is a reverse phase dimmer. It has to do with where on the AC sine wave the dimming takes place. If you have ELV drivers you will need an ELV dimmer.

The DVCL has a low-end trim adjustment. There is a small knob on the front of the dimmer.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com