Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MACL-LFQH - Slow Top Speed

MACL-LFQH - Slow Top Speed

Installed a MACL-LFQH to a Harbor Breeze D553CTW3 that has a 5-wire CBB61 4-300/4-250/5-250 capacitor ... All four speed selections work ... When the Fan is on top speed, it has a Control top speed (#4) has a lower RPM than the #3 level (which is 83 RPM) ... Put the Fan selector on the Medium speed, the Control 1-4 levels incrementally go faster, but top speed is still maxes at 83 RPM ... Expecting ~155 RPM.Does the MACL-LFQH work via capacitor? If so, in series with the Fan Capacitor, its dropping the voltage beyond the design ...Can the Capacitor in the Fan be removed from the circuit?

You probably have already done this but... make sure the pull chain is on high and then use only the LFQ to control the speed.

I would also make sure there are no other controls in the system. Some fan controls required a receiver to be placed in the canopy. If there is one, it will make the LFQ do weird things.

Check with Harbor Breeze on removing the capacitor.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

It was the capacitor in the fan ... By passed the controller, and had the same inverted RPM's between 2 & 3 ... Pulled the capacitor, the Red 4mf-300V leg read 1.52mf ... Replaced the capacitor and get all four speeds from the controller from a nice 50 rpm at low up to an immeasurable (with the naked eye) top rpm ...Thanks for the reply

I have a MACL-LQF controlling two Edison 3 speed fans and I can get top speed but 1-3 are extremely slow.... I basically have a 1st speed and 3rd speed . Yes I set pull chain to high and made sure rotation switch was not stuck. Do you think I could have a similar problem? My Lurton Skylark controlled the fan with no issues, terrible on lights but great on fan, now this controller is great on lights and flaky on fan speeds.