Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anyone see a power booster around here?

Question Anyone see a power booster around here?

A current project that I am in the middle of designing, one of the loads is an island fixture that consists of 10 lights, each of 60W, for a total of 600W. I assigned this to a RPM output of a HW-RPM-4A-120; according to the documentation, the most that a single output on a 4A is 400W. When I checked the BOM, I noticed that a power booster was not generated for this system.

So the question is; do I need a power booster for this lighting circuit or not? If so, I would have thought Designer would have "flagged" it to bring it to my attention or placed it in the BOM.

As an aside, this lighting circuit is the only thing configured on this 4A at this time; would that have anything to do with a power booster needed (or not)?

thanks

I forgot to add that I'm using Designer 8.3.0

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by jkvossen View Post
    A current project that I am in the middle of designing, one of the loads is an island fixture that consists of 10 lights, each of 60W, for a total of 600W. I assigned this to a RPM output of a HW-RPM-4A-120; according to the documentation, the most that a single output on a 4A is 400W. When I checked the BOM, I noticed that a power booster was not generated for this system.

So the question is; do I need a power booster for this lighting circuit or not? If so, I would have thought Designer would have "flagged" it to bring it to my attention or placed it in the BOM.

As an aside, this lighting circuit is the only thing configured on this 4A at this time; would that have anything to do with a power booster needed (or not)?

thanks
    jkvossen,

Thank you for the information.

With a 20A input feed to the RPM-4A it can handle up to 16A total on all outputs or 10A max on any one output. This means you are allowed to put up to 1200W on one output before needing a power booster. I hope this helps.

4. Thanks jkvossen thanked for this post
    Likes jkvossen liked this post
    Kevin...thanks