Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Light not turning all the way off

Light not turning all the way off

I have a Casita switch, not a dimmer, on a back porch light. When it is off, the light still faintly glows, like it is still getting power and the switch isn’t completely turning it off. Is that normal? Could something be mis-wired? Any advice would be appreciated.

Lutron Technical Support
    It is possible that you may need the LUT-MLC https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...94_LUT-MLC.pdf to absorb the leakage current that illuminates the light in the switch. Some lighting loads do not have enough of a minimum wattage which will lead you to add this component. Try an incandescent bulb and it should stop this to confirm as they have much more resistance then an LED.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    It is possible that you may need the LUT-MLC https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...94_LUT-MLC.pdf to absorb the leakage current that illuminates the light in the switch. Some lighting loads do not have enough of a minimum wattage which will lead you to add this component. Try an incandescent bulb and it should stop this to confirm as they have much more resistance then an LED.
    I switched bulbs as you suggested and that took care of it. Thank you. I’ll look into the MLC so I can again use an LED bulb.