Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can RA2 use a Pico remote to control a ceiling fan on a RRD-2ANF?

Question Can RA2 use a Pico remote to control a ceiling fan on a RRD-2ANF?

I see that Caseta has a Pico Fan remote control. It looks like a 3BRL remote, with fan engraving. Is this remote available in Ra2?I don't see a fan option in the Ra2 Inclusive 12.7.0 software.I have tried adding a 3BRL for lights, then in programming setting the buttons. It seems I can only program the 3 buttons (top, bottom and favorite) with the Raise/Lower buttons being unavailable to change.Is there a solution in Ra2 that would allow me to program a Pico 3BRL for a fan, with the ability to cycle between the 4 fan speeds offered with the RRD-2ANF switch? Is there something obvious I'm overlooking?

It will work. All the Picos will work with all the systems (2 oddball exceptions) but the fan Pico will work fine. Put it in the software as 3BRL. I have actually never done a fan job but I have a hard time imagining you couldn't do "raise/lower programmed devices". Don't quote me on that.

There's a bug in the RA2 software, it actually doesn't work well. They haven't fixed it yet. You can set the favorite button for a specific speed and the "on". Off is off, but the raise and lower buttons do not work. Might want to try a 4B and set the levels appropriately.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    There's a bug in the RA2 software, it actually doesn't work well. They haven't fixed it yet. You can set the favorite button for a specific speed and the "on". Off is off, but the raise and lower buttons do not work. Might want to try a 4B and set the levels appropriately.
    Thanks Mike.Lutron support has told me the 4B will not work in RA2 for the fan control. I'm not sure why as this seems to be an actual programming scenario allowed within the 12.7.0 software. It would be awsome if they add raise/lower support for Pico controls and fans in RA. Support mentioned that raise/lower would only work from a SeeTouch keypad. Can you confirm any of this?

I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style.