Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Upgrade and now inaccessible w/o Bridge

Upgrade and now inaccessible w/o Bridge

I just upgraded the firmware of QS and now:-I can't access it with the Home+ app, which I used to use. "This app is not compatible with the version of your Lutron system"-I can't access it with the Connect app, because I don't have a bridge...because I didn't need one before. Temporary Access does not work, even if I point it directly at the IP address of the QS system on my local network -I can no longer telnet into said QS system on my local network (looks like the username/password default changed...have tried lutron/lutron and lutron/integration)Any suggestions? My Savant system is still connecting to Lutron, which is good, but I can no longer control Lutron at all and am waiting for my integrator to help, but I'm a software programmer for a living so would hope to figure this out myself if there's a way...

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post tryingguy1.

We do apologize for the inconvenience. Lutron has been reaching out to dealers and users for sometime on the discontinuing of the Lutron Home Control+. Please see below email message

In accordance with Lutron’s continued commitment to innovation, integration and security, Lutron is discontinuing the Home Control+ app and replacing it with the new Lutron Connect app. This new app provides remote access without a yearly subscription fee and offers enhanced integrations with services like Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Sonos. The Home Control+ app will be removed from app stores April 2020.

As a part of this transition, we are discontinuing the $59.99 per year remote access service that is available in the Lutron Home Control+ app and replacing it with the free remote access service in the Lutron Connect app. The remote access service will continue to work through the end of the subscription period, however when a subscription expires, homeowners will not be given an option to renew. When the subscription expires, the Home Control+ app will continue to operate from within the home, until it is removed from app stores, or if you upgrade your system to version 15 software.

To avoid a disruption in the ability to access your system remotely, Lutron recommends that you upgrade to the Lutron Connect app. The transition to the Lutron Connect app is a great way to enhance system functionality as it adds the ability to integrate with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and Apple HomeKit.

For more information, please see the following: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...on-webpage.pdf

If you would have any other questions or concerns please reach out to hwsupport@lutron.com