Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  153
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: New Feature Requests

I do want to give out a shout to the engineer who finally gave us the ability set and get variable states from terminal.

Thank u so much... teatv.ltd net banking

Adding to my list:

7. Phantom Keypad support in Lutron Connect. Phantom Keypads are typically used to set up a button for an integration to "press" or use to perform some set of actions. Lutron Connect is the integration point for Alexa and Google Home. If you want to set up specific actions for voice commands, it would make sense to set those up as a button on Phantom Keypad. However, since Phantom Keypads are not exposed in the Lutron Connect app, they can't be connected to Alexa or Google Home. The workaround is to create a physical keypad but not connect it to a physical device. It creates an error on program transfer but it works.

8. Multiple home support for Alexa or Google Home in Lutron Connect. Currently, Lutron Connect can only link one home to Alexa or Google Home. The work around is to have multiple Lutron Connect logins and multiple Alexa or Google Home logins. Extremely difficult to use and error-prone.

9. Pre-configured Homeworks QS to Homeworks QS integration. If you have two Homeworks QS systems, it's possible to use telnet integration to trigger actions from one to the other. e.g. press a button on a keypad on system one triggers an action on a device on system 2. But it is tedious and error-prone to set up. I suspect you could do it without any changes to the HomeWorks OS since it's just simplifying the programming setup.

I need the feature that allows "Post Upload Programing" Like we had in Illuminations where we could conditionaly execute programing after an upload. The generator load shedding option we had also would be a great returning feature.

Quote Originally Posted by rathoreshubhamm8 View Post
    I need the feature that allows "Post Upload Programing" Like we had in Illuminations where we could conditionaly execute programing after an upload. The generator load shedding option we had also would be a great returning feature.free fire for pc jiofi.local.html
    any update on the issue?

Load HWQS(X) firmware into the Vive RF receptacle so we can have it in HWQS(X)

The biggest problem with fixing things is, there's no proper guide available. However, we have introduced qrossfire where you can find a fix for almost all your hardware or software problems

Once again making the request to add RPM support and/or legacy keypad support to QSX. I'm losing sleep thinking about my customers who have aging Series 8 processors that have RPM panels - the largest one has 7 panels. If that Series 8 processor goes out, I will be in a terrible position of having to tell them to go with QS so they don't have to spend an extra $56,000 + electrical labor on converting their RPMs to power modules and spending another extra $20K on keypads. You already have the code from the QS processor so there shouldn't be any technical reason for it and it's too greedy to make them replace the entire system.

I should mention that as an electrician that my access to the house is limited because their AV guy who is a Crestron dealer has been singing sweet nothings to the customer to try to convert their lighting system to Crestron too. If the system dies and I have to tell them that they have to replace the entire system or get the Obsolete QS instead of the new great QSX system, they may very well jump ship all together.

Sparky I have been submitting so many requests over the years for features. And not new ones- ones that have been present on older Lutron systems that they choose to remove in new systems (Scene Save buttons being a major one). All my requests here, via email, or even to senior engineers at Lutron go in one ear and out the other. As a Crestron dealer and programmer, I also try to get the sales guys to go Crestron. Its a better product and more flexible, better warranty (lifetime), and they dont obsolete complete systems on you the way Lutron does. Also their software actually has help files that explain things- what a crazy idea!!

I've given up with feature requests because they simply dont listen.

Yeah since Lutron bought Ketra, there really seems to be a disconnect between the installers who are out there on the field dealing with customers and their concerns and what Lutron thinks the customers need. Lutron's actions remind me of how Steve Jobs would act but Lutron is not the only game in town now and as far as luxury home/rich people market goes, Control 4 & Crestron dealers who already have the ear of the builders and homeowners with AV stuff are already jumping in to take lighting away too. Lutron is playing a dangerous game here of trying to bully rich people into replacing their entire system to QSX by not offering legacy support. It will backfire not just for them, but for electrical contractors like us who don't do AV and are constantly getting pushed out of doing lighting by AV companies. It puts us at a disadvantage when someone wants to upgrade their Series 8 system or QS system with RPMs. They'll get our Lutron quote to replace all the RPMs, keypads, processor, etc. then the AV guy comes along and offers the the Control 4 equivalent and packages it in with their touch screens, video distribution etc. and boom...we lost. On the other hand, if we tell them "you can use a lot of your existing equipment but you'll get all the benefits of the newest Lutron system and as time goes by, we'll upgrade the rest", we'll have the advantage.

The only thing I feel Lutron is actually doing right is with Caseta, but that's a younger, not as rich customer base who do their own research. Homeworks is completely out of touch right now. They really need to get out of their bubble.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast