Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  153
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New Feature Requests

9.x.x

I haven't been using 9.x.x for much as things are little quiet right now. Mostly I have been using if for design, not actually activating hardware on it except for on my bench system.
    Reflections below:

things I like in the new 9.0:
    addressing info in the design tab. That's very welcome.

things I don't like:
    in the design tab, name a room Bedroom 1. Now make another - Bedroom 10. Why did that have to become so difficult? Data speed entry is very important for me. This slows me down.

Things I was really looking hoping to see:
    ability to save the column width that I select so I'm not constantly resizing columns. This is really going to be big once it's rolled out. It has to happen on the design-controls page. It looks like this happened on design-loads, thank you.

Things I don't understand:
    new zones are a, b, c, d, e. What is the advantage over zone 1, zone 2, zone 3, etc?
    in the programming tab, the text on keypads is fuzzy. What's up with that? Is it just my computer - PC Win 7 x64?
    Last edited by digit1; 09-24-2015 at 08:45 AM. Reason: computer details

Yes, this is a must have

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, this is a must have

I desperately need the ability to do post upload logic

- - - Updated - - -

I desperately need the ability to do post upload logic

4. Likes digit1, JeffreySkalny liked this post
    How about in QS when I need to create an integration report, we have the ability to opt in/out items? Sometimes I need to generate a new report for certain areas that have changed, and instead i have to reprint the entire thing. Its not like items in that report are in any order by rooms/areas so I cant simply print only the pages needed. Some room's/area's items are scattered across multiple pages.

We can do this with Engraving reports (although frustratingly it does not remember selections when you exit and come back in) so why not integration??

6. Likes troltgen liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmax View Post
    How about in QS when I need to create an integration report, we have the ability to opt in/out items? Sometimes I need to generate a new report for certain areas that have changed, and instead i have to reprint the entire thing. Its not like items in that report are in any order by rooms/areas so I cant simply print only the pages needed. Some room's/area's items are scattered across multiple pages.

We can do this with Engraving reports (although frustratingly it does not remember selections when you exit and come back in) so why not integration??
    I spent 30 minutes on this issue just a few weeks ago. We had made some changes that affected integration and I wanted to send ONLY the changes to our programmer. I had to print the hundred plus page report and then go through carefully deleting series of pages. It should have been a 60 second process of selecting the areas where changes had been made and selecting "print".

8. Likes troltgen liked this post
    Having the box number showing in the Programming tab would be a big plus in some cases.

How about a new product... I would like to get a Lutron receptacle that has clear connect built in for RA or QS instead of having to add a plug in module?

11. Likes JeffreySkalny, pscheetz, johngalt, digit1 liked this post
    I tried to search for this, so my apologies if anything has already been requested.

I would like to have an ALWAYS tab in Program Type: Single Variable. For example, when programming a button for the bathroom lights, I always want the exhaust fan to turn on when the scenes turn ON. I always want it to turn OFF with a 15 minute delay when the scene turns OFF. I understand this might cause a problem if not every variable has the same button type set. Given that, maybe the ability to right click on a load and have it copied/updated to all of the other variable tabs? In the least, it would be nice to copy the scene in one variable tab and paste it to another.

I will post the other suggestion in a new post for voting purposes.

Jeff

Another thing I would like is the ability to copy/paste the Area Scenes names and count. Maybe make it a project wide option to set the default Area Scene count and names. This would also apply to container rooms so I could activate the area scenes of all contained rooms with one command.

Jeff

When running the Repair Database tool, I would like to see some sort of report at the end. This report should include some indication of what was "fixed". If this tool is anything like some of the "fixes" I have experienced in Illumination, it would be nice to know where things were fixed so I can verify that the fix didn't remove any functionality.

An alternative would be to allow a difference report to be run on two different files.

Jeff

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast