Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  153
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: New Feature Requests

Like Ra2- I'd like to be able to 'convert to hybrid keypad' in the design phase. Right click and one selection that changes control station but keeps link assignment etc would be great.

2. Likes ekimla liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    A wish list-feedback item: First things first, HWQS is a big improvement in 6.0 beta.
    I am creating a large number of lighting scenes tonight using a spreadsheet provided to me by the lighting designer. I am not using drag-down presets to set levels, I'm entering LOTS of numerical values, rarely the same levels in a given room.
    I would love to either -
    Be able to enter a number, hit enter, then hit enter a second time, and move to the next level. In illumination I could do something like this to cruise through a scene using just one hand to enter digits and 'enter' to the next cell.
    OR
    just get rid of the Pop-Up 'settings' when I hover over a zone. Right now the motions are:
    mouse leftwards to unselected zone
    SETTINGS pops up
    mouse rightwards to level entry field
    enter value, press enter
    mouse leftwards to next zone
    If SETTINGS didn't pop up, I'd just mouse down to the next zone.
    The speed of data entry is getting better with QS but I still can build things much faster in illumination. I may miss features from illumination but I'd forgo any of those just to see data entry speed up in QS.
    I'm considering trying to go leftie with the mouse so I can work numbers with the right while clicking through the fields. It might be too late for me tho, I'm the proverbial old dog. :)
    Have you tried using the top portion to click the check-boxes to select the loads and then use the grid down below to enter the levels? This way you can select all your loads up front and then do all the level entry with rapid number + enter + number + enter... Hopefully this will prevent you from having to switch to a lefty mouse. :)

I would like to have the ability to sort Shared Scene list
    Please allow more than 3 digits for shade group numbers
    "Swap" for Load Assignment and keypad buttons
    and ability to see all unassigned loads

Thanks for the great tech support

5. Likes digit1, John_Nau, sfroebel liked this post
    It would be great if you could decide to "break to new page on new zone" in load schedule. I'd like to have the option to print 1 page for each room. Makes it easy to put a "summary" on the wall for sparky while they're wiring each room.

Not sure if this was requested Im a little to lazy to search tonight.
    It would be tremendous if we/I had the ability to rename the processor. Currently I can only name the enclosure where it sits. Having a multiple processor jobs where I have 5 processors it gets kinda confusing when your looking at three processors named Processor 1 especially when working under link assignment. I have to come up with some really unique names for my enclosures to keep my head straight on what processor I'm working with.
    Thanks in advance for adding this item to the "White Board"

8. Likes ekimla, David C. liked this post
    Hi Chris- thanks for the tip- I had gotten away from changing light levels in the preset box. I'd like to see the next version of QS allows switched loads be entered as 0 = OFF and any other number = ON. This would make the preset box level entry much quicker, I think.

10. Likes ekimla, John_Nau liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    Not sure if this was requested Im a little to lazy to search tonight.
    It would be tremendous if we/I had the ability to rename the processor. Currently I can only name the enclosure where it sits. Having a multiple processor jobs where I have 5 processors it gets kinda confusing when your looking at three processors named Processor 1 especially when working under link assignment. I have to come up with some really unique names for my enclosures to keep my head straight on what processor I'm working with.
    Thanks in advance for adding this item to the "White Board"
    I think that would be great, esp if we could 'name' the links- link 1 = 2nd floor main house RF, link 2 = basement RF.

12. Likes ekimla, David C. liked this post
    It would be a nice feature to have the ability of scheduling a furnace fan only (no heat, no cool) to run on any given day for a specific amount of time. I can see it being highly utilized on days when the outside temperature does not require a call for heat or cool inside the house. Getting house air circulated through the furnace filter, right before someone arrives home is gonna be a huge benefit, and a feature that other programmable thermostats don't have.

14. Thanks xs10shl thanked for this post
    Likes digit1, David C. liked this post
    Yes! Post upload programming would be nice... Everytime I load to the QS processors the shade buttons all require 3 presses to work, which isn't horrible to me (the shades don't know their last position) but it proves confusing for the client. It would be nice to send a very brief down+up command (basically a wiggle) to the shades to get them back in sync post upload.

16. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by anniej View Post
    Yes! Post upload programming would be nice... Everytime I load to the QS processors the shade buttons all require 3 presses to work, which isn't horrible to me (the shades don't know their last position) but it proves confusing for the client. It would be nice to send a very brief down+up command (basically a wiggle) to the shades to get them back in sync post upload.
    I just ran into that myself yesterday. It does leave everyone on site thinking 'the shades don't work'.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast