Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  153
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Feature Requests

Rollback was a feature i loved in HWI

Your correct that cant be done yet. It would be a beneficial feature. In illumination I seem to remember we could copy presets like your talking about. Ill have to refresh myself on that

Not sure if this well known or not but I do like the feature under loads where you have the option of having a cco to either show up in the Home Control App by either choosing cco maintained or cco maintained lighting. This useful when your using the cco for something other then lighting and don't want it to show up under lighting loads on the App

4. Likes ekimla liked this post
    Something that makes it a little easier when in monitoring mode to actually figure out the device quickly would help.
    But the best fix would be that when you have a multi gang box with devices and are in activation mode to somehow see the the device name rather then the position that it is in the box would save a lot of time Especially on a retrofit when you have existing 3 and 4 gang boxes.

The ability to have more non system devices in the program would also be helpful when quoting and designing

7. Likes ekimla, Jon Sr, David C., sfroebel, smermier liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    LQSE-4T10-D - I found this model number through another post. It looks like it would be a handy device for residential control. Is this Europe only?
    At this time, this is available in select 230 V markets. I find the quickest way to determine if a product is available in a specific area is to create a new project file set in the desired location, opening the equipment toolbox, and seeing if the device appears.

@ Yarash re: 3rd Party Commands-

The one project I have where I need to send multiple 3rd party strings with one button press I have a work-around that I'm not 100% proud of, but it works. I created a manual sequence for each 3rd party string, and the button press sets the steps for multiple manual sequences to whichever step I want, that step in the sequence actually sends the string. I don't know if that helps you in your scenario- I certainly agree that QS needs to allow for multiple 3rd party strings in a preset. I think that is coming in 6.0 but not certain.
    Last edited by digit1; 10-11-2013 at 07:24 AM. Reason: set target for post

Quote Originally Posted by Ty W. View Post
    At this time, this is available in select 230 V markets. I find the quickest way to determine if a product is available in a specific area is to create a new project file set in the desired location, opening the equipment toolbox, and seeing if the device appears.
    Thanks Ty- I saw that the eco64 controller from the DIN rail series is getting brought over to the HWQS line, I am hoping that means more devices from that line may be brought into our toolbox. Usually if a resi job has 0-10v control the electrician tries to get all of the black boxes located at the room end, not the panel room. This means a lot of early stage planning for TVI control which can be a moving target. The 4T10-D makes it look like I would just need a QS keypad wire at the remote location and I'd be ready for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    @ Yarash re: 3rd Party Commands-

The one project I have where I need to send multiple 3rd party strings with one button press I have a work-around that I'm not 100% proud of, but it works. I created a manual sequence for each 3rd party string, and the button press sets the steps for multiple manual sequences to whichever step I want, that step in the sequence actually sends the string. I don't know if that helps you in your scenario- I certainly agree that QS needs to allow for multiple 3rd party strings in a preset. I think that is coming in 6.0 but not certain.
    i do the same, but i use an automatic sequence.

and now i remembered that another feature i am missing
    is shorter time delays, the HWI has the ability
    to set delay in presets,conditional programming,sequences dwell time
    A minimum of 0.25 of a second.

1. Ability to drag the program window between screens like other Windows programs (by clicking on the bar at the top and just dragging to other monitor.
    2. Ability to automatically maximize the window by bumping against the top of the monitor.
    3. When assigning loads I need to be able to see the wattage of the load (in the assign window). Now I have to guess/remember or just assign it and see if it fits.
    4. Need to see total RPM wattage without separate click. Especially helpful when assigning loads.
    5. All reports should have option to export to Excel.
    6. Anything that is a click-able option should be identified as a button, tab, etc. – not just plain text on the screen.
    7. When activating devices the program displays the device number (..\device 1), it should display the zone name.
    8. When monitoring button presses the system returns the device number. There is no easy way to trace that back to actual keypad.
    9. Too much wasted space on screen. In programming mode, there is an image of the keypad with a smaller image of a generic keypad above it. When programming buttons you can only see ~5 zones because so much space is being wasted.
    10. Identify loads is nice but need to be able to check off load when identified. Should also display where connected, load type, etc.
    11. Need to turn lights on by panel & module (like Original HomeWorks)
    12. When going in/out of “edit live” it ALWAYS prompts to transfer. Loose the nag screen.
    13. Any feature, function or option that was available in Illumination. I know you hear this a lot but there is a reason for it.
    14. Option when clearing button program to clear loads, engraving, both
    15. Transfer window doesn’t always scroll to bottom of screen/last entry when uploading.
    16. Uploading takes way too long. When testing, I upload 10+ times per day. Needs to be shorter time.
    17. Start Transfer button activates before transfer is complete. Not clearly indicated when transfer does complete.
    18. System goes back to default view. I am constantly “customizing columns”
    19. When adding an area, the system defaults to a generic "Area xxx" It should allow me to enter the name without having to click edit or click on the + again if I want to enter multiple areas.
    20. When adding multiple areas and the new area won't fit on the screen, the program sometimes scrolls down. If I need to add 20 rooms to the first floor I click + 20 times. Sometimes the system scrolls down and I wind up adding rooms to rooms.
    21. System won't accept short cut keys for prompts - i.e. entering Y or N when it asks "are you really, really, really sure you want to delete this extremely critical bit of information?"
    22. The remote dimmer and remote switch show as RF devices. They should be RF/wired.
    23. I don't like/want/need/understand the whole shade group thing. I like/want/need/understand having a shade treated like a zone.
    24. BoM export to CSV does not include description column.
    25. Too much wasted space on load schedule. Mine is 18 pages long in QS, less than 4 in Excel.
    26. Ability to select device type in installation report - i.e. print keypads only, line voltage only, etc.

Just a few ideas to keep the engineers busy.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast