Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RA2 select dimmers interference risk

RA2 select dimmers interference risk

Hi,In the kitchen/open plan living area, I'm planning on 7 circuits, so 7 in-line dimmers.Is it possible to put them all in one of the kitchen wall cabinets, for future access, in case 10 years down the line they need a battery change.Would they interfere with each other if they are placed together?What is the plan for circa 10 years time when they run out of battery?Thanks,Raj

Quote Originally Posted by rajsh View Post
    Hi,In the kitchen/open plan living area, I'm planning on 7 circuits, so 7 in-line dimmers.Is it possible to put them all in one of the kitchen wall cabinets, for future access, in case 10 years down the line they need a battery change.Would they interfere with each other if they are placed together?What is the plan for circa 10 years time when they run out of battery?Thanks,Raj
    RA2 does NOT use a mesh network so you can place them side-by-side. I would try and keep them at least 1M from repeaters. Typically, Lutron does not address the battery issue. I have several clients with older processors. I take the processors to a local nerd shop and they solder in new batteries. I'd do it myself but lithium (?) batteries require some special technique or they explode.
    LED, Incorporated
    Raleigh, NC 27614

Which RA2 dimmers have batteries in them? I know Pico remotes have batteries, but I wasn't aware that any dimmers had batteries.