Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ketra S38 CCX problem

Ketra S38 CCX problem

Have a bunch of Ketra S38 Clear Connect Type X that turn on and off but can't be activated from the app or reset using the option in the app. Any other way to reset them? Is it possible that a surge took out only the Bluetooth chip and left the basic functionality intact?

Lutron Technical Support
    Are these bulbs a part of an Athena or QSX system? Have you tried powering them down for a minute, then powering them back up, waiting another 5 minutes, and then try to reset them through the app? Also, just to make sure, Bluetooth is "On" on your phone as well as enabled for the Lutron app, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle L. View Post
    Are these bulbs a part of an Athena or QSX system? Have you tried powering them down for a minute, then powering them back up, waiting another 5 minutes, and then try to reset them through the app? Also, just to make sure, Bluetooth is "On" on your phone as well as enabled for the Lutron app, correct?
    They were part of another system; not sure what type. I have tried both resetting and adding to the app multiple times; no luck. Bluetooth is on and I am able to add and reset the new ketra bulbs I added myself. Only the existing ones don't respond.

Lutron Technical Support
    Are you sure they are not KetraNET lamps? If the Ketra devices do NOT respond to the method of reset/out of boxing, then it is a legacy KetraNET device or a defective CCX device. Only CCX compatible devices will respond to the deactivate method in the Lutron App.

I checked with tech support; they are listed as CCX; serials begin with ACA. Can a power surge fry just the Bluetooth/CCX chip and leave the basic functionality intact?

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by krassyg View Post
    I checked with tech support; they are listed as CCX; serials begin with ACA. Can a power surge fry just the Bluetooth/CCX chip and leave the basic functionality intact?

The other thing to know is if these lamps were part of a CCX Athena system, they can only be part of an Athena system. If these lamps were part of a CCX HomeWorks system, they can only be part of a HomeWorks system. The lamps are specifically either commercial or residential and do not cross system. Can you provide the entire serial # and we can see what platform they belong to?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron D. View Post
    The other thing to know is if these lamps were part of a CCX Athena system, they can only be part of an Athena system. If these lamps were part of a CCX HomeWorks system, they can only be part of a HomeWorks system. The lamps are specifically either commercial or residential and do not cross system. Can you provide the entire serial # and we can see what platform they belong to?

ACA00C2585
    Shouldn't they still be seen by the app though? Or Athena has a different way of commissioning?

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by krassyg View Post
    ACA00C2585
    Shouldn't they still be seen by the app though? Or Athena has a different way of commissioning?
    Unfortunately, ACA00C2585 is not CCX. The model # is CM-S3811BTWFL11E26WH. CM = commercial. BT = KetraNet, not CCX

Unfortunately, ACA00C2585 is not CCX. The model # is CM-S3811BTWFL11E26WH. CM = commercial. BT = KetraNet, not CCX
    Thank you; all makes sense now. For some reason I was under the impression that KetraNet always begins with K.

What is the best way to check if it is KetraNet or CCX? I actually called tech support and was told it is CCX.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast