Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Prepaid Engraving Certificate

Prepaid Engraving Certificate

Hi.From time to time engraving certificates pop up on eBay. Are those still redeemable, since from my knowledge those were issued quite a while ago? And is a certificate bound to a specific keypad design? Want to make sure a 50% discount doesn't turn into a 50% surcharge…Hope anybody can clarify this.Harry

Quote Originally Posted by harricane View Post
    Hi.From time to time engraving certificates pop up on eBay. Are those still redeemable, since from my knowledge those were issued quite a while ago? And is a certificate bound to a specific keypad design? Want to make sure a 50% discount doesn't turn into a 50% surcharge…Hope anybody can clarify this.Harry
    Lutron still uses the certificates. They are not bound to a specific keypad family. My concern would be where did the certificate come from??
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

IF you could get the cert numbers or a least a couple of them Lutron can check to see if they have been used.
    I had them check a bunch I had mixed up. Didn't want to dig through all my info to find if they where used. Called tech. Lady said email numbers. Email came back said all where still good.
    If they still do it? Worth a shot.
    It was a few years back.
    I really wonder with all the systems passing through there if they really check the numbers or send direct to engraving.

I thought the certificates were only for Radio Ra2...With QS, they check to see if the the device had gotten engraved before or not.

I'm curious about those prepaid engraving certificates that pop up on eBay. How do they work, and are they still redeemable? It would be great to get some clarification on this before making a purchase. Thanks in advance!