Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RA2 needed new wireless remote and won't pair

Unhappy RA2 needed new wireless remote and won't pair

I inherited a RadioRA2 system when I purchased my home in 2017. It came with the owner's manual (dated 2013) but I can't register my system on the app. Everything was working great until the Pico wireless remote was accidentally washed along with my duvet cover and stopped working. I ordered a replacement Pico remote, it's the PJ2-3BRL, but the programming instructions that came with it don't work. They appear to be for the Caseta which looks to pair very easily. When I try the instructions in my RadioRA2 manual that doesn't work either. I've tried "restoring to factory settings on the wall switch" but that doesn't seem to be working either. Is there a different wireless remote I need to buy? I'm at a loss as to how to get this thing working again.Help!

Quote Originally Posted by SLGIBERSON View Post
    I inherited a RadioRA2 system when I purchased my home in 2017. It came with the owner's manual (dated 2013) but I can't register my system on the app. Everything was working great until the Pico wireless remote was accidentally washed along with my duvet cover and stopped working. I ordered a replacement Pico remote, it's the PJ2-3BRL, but the programming instructions that came with it don't work. They appear to be for the Caseta which looks to pair very easily. When I try the instructions in my RadioRA2 manual that doesn't work either. I've tried "restoring to factory settings on the wall switch" but that doesn't seem to be working either. Is there a different wireless remote I need to buy? I'm at a loss as to how to get this thing working again.Help!
    RadioRA 2 can be programmed manually but almost all systems are programmed using the the PC based software. You will need the software to add the Pico to the program. You can go to Lutron.com and complete a basic course and get access to the Essentials version of the software. Essentials is uses for systems with 1 main repeater. Inclusive software is used for systems with 2 main repeaters (processors).
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

You didn't mention whether you have the project file for your system. Without it, I don't think Essentials can extract the project from your repeater. And even if you do have the file, if it was installed by a pro it was almost certainly created using Inclusive, in which case you wouldn't be able to open it in Essentials anyway.

It may be in your best interest to establish a relationship with a local pro that you can work with for this (and future changes).