Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Using CCI on VCRX?

Using CCI on VCRX?

Trying to figure out how to use the CCI inputs on a VCRX to keep a shade from closing when a door is open, via the security panel.Security has verified that they can do it on their end, and I've already got a VCRX next to the security panel for the security trigger.I've used the CCO ports with success in the past, just by creating the "load". There is no option for a CCI load that I can find. What am I missing?Trying to set up a variable:If the CCO is open, don't do anythingorIf CCO is closed, lower the shade.Seems like it should be a simple thing to do... just missing something.TIA,Andy
    Audio, Video, Networking, & Automation Designed Around You

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Trying to figure out how to use the CCI inputs on a VCRX to keep a shade from closing when a door is open, via the security panel.Security has verified that they can do it on their end, and I've already got a VCRX next to the security panel for the security trigger.I've used the CCO ports with success in the past, just by creating the "load". There is no option for a CCI load that I can find. What am I missing?Trying to set up a variable:If the CCO is open, don't do anythingorIf CCO is closed, lower the shade.Seems like it should be a simple thing to do... just missing something.TIA,Andy
    You will need to create a variable (program, variables). You can change the name so it makes more sense - like Kitchen door. You can also change the state names to something like Open and Closed.

On the VCRX select the input the door is connected to. Add the Kitchen Door variable to the Close and Open tabs. It may look a little weird because the Close (CCI is closed) tab may actually indicate the door is open.

Any button or event that closes the shades will have to be a conditional. If you want to use open/stop/close/stop you will have to recreate it as a manual sequence with the conditional to check the status of the Kitchen Door variable.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com