Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Homeworks Interactive System

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    Hi- if you could send a photo of the processor inside the dimming panel that would help us understand what generation homeworks is involved.

Are all the keypads waterfalling or just the one reporting the error?

Generally if one bad keypad is shutting down the system, I'd diagnose it by removing it from the wall and disconnecting it from the wiring harness. If the keypad was truly the fault, removing it from the link should restore functionality to the rest of the keypads.

Okay - photos attached. I am the homeowner. I have received two bids from contractors - one for replacement processor from Illuminations system. the processor is from another system but is working (no warranty). I am thinking I should ask the Obsolete Department if they have a Illuminations processor to use - which has never been used. The OP department wants a part number - which I don't have.

Your thoughts on replacing the "original " with an illuminations system?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    Hi- if you could send a photo of the processor inside the dimming panel that would help us understand what generation homeworks is involved.

Are all the keypads waterfalling or just the one reporting the error?

Generally if one bad keypad is shutting down the system, I'd diagnose it by removing it from the wall and disconnecting it from the wiring harness. If the keypad was truly the fault, removing it from the link should restore functionality to the rest of the keypads.

Okay - photos attached. I am the homeowner. I have received two bids from contractors - one for replacement processor from Illuminations system. the processor is from another system but is working (no warranty). I am thinking I should ask the Obsolete Department if they have a Illuminations processor to use - which has never been used. The OP department wants a part number - which I don't have.

Your thoughts on replacing the "original " with an illuminations system?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lutron 3.JPG   lutron 2.JPG   lutron system.JPG  

The part number for your current Interactive processor should be the sticker shown in your photo- HWI-PO-120.

Are all of the keypads waterfalling, or just one?

The upgrade to Illumination is the fastest, cheapest solution. It will not be inexpensive, but it will cost less than a full QS upgrade. It should be quick- maybe 1 day on site at most.
    The advantage to a full QS upgrade will be (likely) all new hardware with a new warranty to match. It will take a good programmer/installer team one very long day, or maybe 2, depending on number of keypads.

If the problem truly is just one broken keypad, I would have a hard time paying for either upgrade- I'd just swap out the bad keypad.

If the processor is broken, I would consider a full QS update. That gets you out of the obsolete product category and makes future service to the system simple.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345