Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home and away

Home and away

In my HWQS system i cant turn off the away light on the wall pad also i cant turn on the home or vacation light. Any ideas Also some of my outside terrace lights switch on and off by themselves at different times of the day and night could this be related to the away mode staying on ?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post slim57.

This could be impacted by the away mode setting for sure. Depending on the programming of the away button it may need to be altered to allow it to exit. Do you know of any other button that can exit away mode as well? You may have to reach out to your dealer that programmed the system for additional help if you do not have software access.

Thanks for your reply we have contacted a lutron tech who is now working on the issue

Have they resolved your problem? Cause I'm facing something similar. Your help would be more than helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by sam billings View Post
    Have they resolved your problem? Cause I'm facing something similar. Your help would be more than helpful!
    Button action is determined by the "button type" setting in the programming software. Toggle is the most common. It sounds like you have a single-action button. If so, you would need a 2nd button to return the system to normal.

Sequences are sometimes used for home/away. For example, you press away and it waits 1 minute for you to exit, then turns all lights off and begins playback.

In either case, you need the programming software to fix it.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Yes they did - ran diagnostic and they found out that the wall keypad which is positioned on a outside wall was bad switched it our and all is now good

Can you pls explain more, it will be very helpfull.

Hello @randyc Could you please suggest or help me with the programing software? Thanks in advance

Quote Quote
    Originally Posted by Educatis I did a research project on a Lutron HomeWorks integration with SmartThings >> Smartthings-lutron-homeworks on GitHub. My Lutron programming domyhomeworkonline with my college task for SmartApps code and DeviceTypeHandlers.
    Hi, Is it possible to control my old Lutron HomeWorks system (illumination) with SmartThings or Google Home? Could you please explain how you created an integration? Thanks.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post Buchers.

Unfortunately that integration with the HomeWorks Illumination is not available. Those integrations are made using the Connect Bridge for HomeWorks QS systems. The Connect Bridge is able to integrate into the HomeWorks Illumination. We would recommend looking into upgrading the system to HomeWorks QS using the following app note found here at https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...ary/048537.pdf. Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast