Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SmartThings & Caseta

https://youtu.be/3yKxfG3H5j4

Smarthtings box is on the table of Lutron at ces.

2. Likes Zach R. liked this post
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

4. Likes Zach R. liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    This is great news. I have been a smartthings user (Well, Smartthings->Vera->Smartthings2 when they promised local processing) and just picked up a Lutron kit and was looking for the best way to get them to work. I'd found the various workarounds but a native integration will make things much easier. Hopefully when they say 'Early this year' they mean within the next couple months.

SmartThings now integrates with Caseta!

Quote Originally Posted by majagu View Post
    This is great news. I have been a smartthings user (Well, Smartthings->Vera->Smartthings2 when they promised local processing) and just picked up a Lutron kit and was looking for the best way to get them to work. I'd found the various workarounds but a native integration will make things much easier. Hopefully when they say 'Early this year' they mean within the next couple months.
    http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/smartthings.aspx

I just set this up and I can crontrol lights individually with the smart things app. I haven't tried doing anything remotely sophisticated yet.

> I just set this up and I can crontrol lights individually with the smart things app. I haven't tried doing anything remotely sophisticated yet.

It works well for Smartthings-->Lutron scenarios where SmartThings controls the lights (e.g. based on a timer, other sensor, scene selection via 3rd party, CoRE, etc). If you were hoping to use a Lutron switch/Pico/lighting state to then cause Smartthings to control something non-Lutron, there's way too much latency in the path from Lutron-->Smartthings for those scenarios to work well.

The Caseta/SmartThings integration is working well for me. But I am closing in on the 50 device limit for the SmartBridge hub. My understanding is that the official SmartThings integration only supports a single hub. Is that correct? It appears other automation systems (e.g., Homeseer) can support multiple hubs. It would be nice if the SmartThings integration did as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123