Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lights mysteriously turning on

Lights mysteriously turning on

Hi all,I’ve had Caseta set up and working perfectly on a number of lights (in-wall, lamp dimmer, etc) for several years now and have had basically zero issues.About two weeks ago, seemingly out of the blue, a few of my lights (all in the same room and all on lamp dimmers) have decided to turn on daily at a precise time (around 8:20pm), as if they were on a schedule (I can turn them off after they turn on each evening without issue). However, I have no schedule set up in the Lutron app. I do have them connected to both HomeKit and Alexa, but neither the Home nor Alexa apps have any automations set up to turn them on at any particular time. I did also at once point have the integration with Nest setup (which would turn on certain lights when a person was detected by Nest Cam), but I checked the Lutron app and that functionality is turned off. Further, the cameras are not on when I’m home and yet the lights still turn on, and further again I think Nest has actually killed this functionality overall anyway as a result of their (aggravating) API changes a few months back.Any ideas? I am really baffled on this one. Would be great if there were some kind of log to see which service is triggering the lights to turn on...

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello. If this is consistent and happening daily at 8:20 PM, then there must be some sort of schedule or routine that may have been set in error. Typically sending a support file to systemsupport@lutron.com with such details would allow Lutron to look through the bridge logs in order to determine what may be triggering this. Settings>Help>Send Feedback file. Be sure to be on you homes local WiFi when this is sent.

Thanks! Will give that a shot. Super curious to understand what could be happening here.