Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Scenes not working Google Home for 2nd User

Scenes not working Google Home for 2nd User

Any suggestions how to enables scenes for a second used via Google Home? We have 2 people enabled in our Google Home. The 2nd person cannot use Lutron scenes in Google Home... Google Home says, "sorry, it looks like Luton Caseta and RA2 Select is unavailable right now". Scenes work for the 1st user, who set up all the integration. All other commands work for User 2... They can turn on and off individual Lutron lights, whole rooms, and all lights; they just can't use the scenes that were set up in Lutron. They get the same result whether they use Google Assistant on their phone or in a Google Home device, that Luton Caseta RA2 Select is unavailable. I appreciate help anyone can offer. Thanks.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello. Try having the second user unlink and relink their Google Home account to the Caseta System. This should enable the scenes to become available.

Having similar issue

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Hello. Try having the second user unlink and relink their Google Home account to the Caseta System. This should enable the scenes to become available.
    I'm having a very similar issue where the second user to connect is unable to activate the switches. Is there a solution to this issue?

Same for me

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    I'm having the same issue. When I try to relink the second users Google Home account it does not link, it immediately goes back to the previous screen with no error message and the account is not linked.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hi there, we are aware of this limitation with Google and multi-user. They are:

• Google Routines that call out a Lutron scene can ONLY be voice-activated by the Google account that linked with Lutron services
    • Google Routines that were created by an invitee that call out a Lutron scene will not work via voice activation for the invitees but it would work for the account that is linked with Lutron services.
    • Google Routines that are created under the Household profile and call out specific Lutron devices (rather than a Lutron scene) will work via voice activation for all members of the Google Home.

With the above in mind, it seems there is a limitation in how Google interacts with Lutron scenes, as from our side we don’t set any restrictions to what services (once linked) gets access to the Lutron scenes. I recommend reaching out to Google support and explaining your situation as they might be aware of this behavior on their end.

I would suggest programming routines in accordance to bullet point #3, instead of calling out a Lutron scene the routine would control however many devices are selected.