Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wiz Connected

Wiz Connected

While I understand that one cannot use the Wiz connected LEDs with the Caseta Dimmers given that they are not in the compatibility list, can one use the Caseta 2 button switches with these Wiz Connected Smart Lights?I am actually looking for color changing smart lights and thus. Quite not sure, if there are any options of Color Changing Smart LEDs with the Caseta dimmers.

Quote Originally Posted by mvinoos13 View Post
    While I understand that one cannot use the Wiz connected LEDs with the Caseta Dimmers given that they are not in the compatibility list, can one use the Caseta 2 button switches with these Wiz Connected Smart Lights?I am actually looking for color changing smart lights and thus. Quite not sure, if there are any options of Color Changing Smart LEDs with the Caseta dimmers.
    Minimum load is one issue. The 5/6ANS has a neutral so the minimum load is fairly low. The other issue is the driver in the WIZ LEDs. I don't believe Lutron test switches so you may have to do your own experiment.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Did you try the 2-button caseta on/off (PD-6ANS?) switch? Does it work? Am looking to do the same to control tunable white lights.

I have not done this, and wouldn’t for a number of reasons, but it is likely it will work. The only way to know for sure is to try it. Casey’s switches aren’t all that expensive and you can get them from places with a strong return policy (Amazon, etc) so it’s worth trying.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello! If the Caseta switch is in the off position, the WiZ LEDs will be unresponsive to the app or any other SmartHome Integration such as Google or Alexa. For smart LEDs like WiZ or Philips Hue, it is usually preferred to keeping them on a manual switch or giving them constant power. This will allow them to be controlled as their manufacturer intended.We hope this helps.

Did you end up trying this solution? How did it work? Thanks.