Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Single-Pole Motion Sensor (White) MS-OPS2H - other Outlets on Circuit Lost Power

Single-Pole Motion Sensor (White) MS-OPS2H - other Outlets on Circuit Lost Power

I installed a Lutron Single-Pole Motion Sensor (White) MS-OPS2H in my condo that was built in 1984 in a closet to replace light switch. I disconnected 2 black wires from the old switch that were on the right side and a gray wire attached on the left side of the switch as I face the switch. Also, I disconnected a bare wire attached to the bottom of the old switch. All Lutron wires were connected to similarly-colored/bare wires that were in the junction box. There are 2 outlets on an interior wall that were working prior to my installation of the Lutron Sensor. Those 2 outlets no longer power. I tried reversing the 2 black wire connections. The outlets still did not have power. I tried connecting the 2 bare wires with the 2 gray wires. The outlets still did not have power. I tried reversing the two black wires while the 2 gray wires and the 2 bare wires were all connected. The outlets still did not have power. The sensor turned the closet light ON and OFF as described. I was able to manually turn the light ON and OFF. What's up, Doc?

Were the two black wires connected to the same screw post? If so one of them is truly the hot and the other is running power to the 2 outlets. They would both have to be connected to one wire on the switch in order to continue doing this.