Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Visor Control Receiver - "Home" Button / Lights On only at Night

Visor Control Receiver - "Home" Button / Lights On only at Night

I am transitioning automation of lighting events from my automation system to Essentials. Currently have these types of events in my automation system and RA2 only acts as the thing that does the turning on/dimming/off of the light (the automation system has the logic of when to do what). Doing this because RA2 is much more elegant with the way it controls the lights.I've migrated my Sunrise, Sunset, and Late Evening scenes over to timeclock, but I am still learning the complex logic that is available in Essentials.I wanted to program the home button on my Visor Control Receiver so that when I press "Home" on my VCX, some lights turn on but only if its after sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by radioRA2automation View Post
    I am transitioning automation of lighting events from my automation system to Essentials. Currently have these types of events in my automation system and RA2 only acts as the thing that does the turning on/dimming/off of the light (the automation system has the logic of when to do what). Doing this because RA2 is much more elegant with the way it controls the lights.I've migrated my Sunrise, Sunset, and Late Evening scenes over to timeclock, but I am still learning the complex logic that is available in Essentials.I wanted to program the home button on my Visor Control Receiver so that when I press "Home" on my VCX, some lights turn on but only if its after sunset.
    RA2 does not have conditional logic. You press a button, close a contact, etc. and it executes the programming. You can try ITTT (If This Then That) but I found it to be cumbersome to program.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    RA2 does not have conditional logic. You press a button, close a contact, etc. and it executes the programming. You can try ITTT (If This Then That) but I found it to be cumbersome to program.
    Thanks. Using RA2 should be fine for Away.