Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RRD-PRO blinking indicator lights 3 and 7 but is wired correctly.

RRD-PRO blinking indicator lights 3 and 7 but is wired correctly.

I have a RA2 system that we commissioned around a month ago. Was programmed with 12.6 software. I get a call from the builder that a chandelier in the Master Bath is no longer working and the dimmer is blinking. Arrive and find IL 3 and 7 blinking. Also the dimmer would not turn on the load. Manual says this means the line/load miswire detected. This system has been working fine for a month. I am doubting at this point that it's miswired. I pull FASS and reset and it starts working fine. I find another RRD-PRO dimmer doing the same pattern and not working either (2 sconces) . Reset with FASS and it starts working again. At this point I call tech support and they said that IL blinking 3 and 7 could mean nothing else but miswired line/load. I get a case # and end the call. I pull the dimmers and verify they were not miswired. I disconnect the black wire on the black terminal and there is 120 volts on the wire and not the terminal. And no voltage on the brass terminal with the other black wire on it. So not miswired. Has anyone else seen this happen? My fear is that it's going to happen again and I or Lutron don't know why it's happening. The only other clues I can give are that both of these dimmers are fed by the same breaker and also that it is lightning season here right now. Thanks

Did you try doing a transfer from the Main Repeater back out to all the units?

Quote Originally Posted by rgellner View Post
    I have a RA2 system that we commissioned around a month ago. Was programmed with 12.6 software. I get a call from the builder that a chandelier in the Master Bath is no longer working and the dimmer is blinking. Arrive and find IL 3 and 7 blinking. Also the dimmer would not turn on the load. Manual says this means the line/load miswire detected. This system has been working fine for a month. I am doubting at this point that it's miswired. I pull FASS and reset and it starts working fine. I find another RRD-PRO dimmer doing the same pattern and not working either (2 sconces) . Reset with FASS and it starts working again. At this point I call tech support and they said that IL blinking 3 and 7 could mean nothing else but miswired line/load. I get a case # and end the call. I pull the dimmers and verify they were not miswired. I disconnect the black wire on the black terminal and there is 120 volts on the wire and not the terminal. And no voltage on the brass terminal with the other black wire on it. So not miswired. Has anyone else seen this happen? My fear is that it's going to happen again and I or Lutron don't know why it's happening. The only other clues I can give are that both of these dimmers are fed by the same breaker and also that it is lightning season here right now. Thanks
    Did you verify if the Phase Control is set properly? The default is Reverse and you may need to have it Forward.

The installation instructions say when ILs 3 and 7 are blinking "Line/load miswire detected. Swap wires on black and brass screw terminals."

You must have power-in on the black and power-out to the light on the brass. If you are 100% sure they are, try resetting it back to factory defaults.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I am having this exact problem with a system of ours. System was installed almost 6 months ago and has been functioning great, received a call from the client today that none of their dimmers work and that IL 3 and 7 are blinking on all of them (about 60 dimmers).
    This is the first system we have used all PRO dimmers instead of the 6NA and this is the first system that we have had problems with.

Haven't been able to confirm the wiring yet but likely not the case as we have always connected the power to black and load to brass. That being said if it happens to be a wiring issue why would it function properly for this period of time and then all of a sudden quit?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Sometimes if power is interrupted, and then resumes the devices will come back on with the blink code of IL 3 and 7 blinking. If it has been working for months, a quick power cycle of the device switch the FASS tab should clear the error and return it back to normal. If the device is blink 3 & 7 directly after and installation then Lutron would recommend reviewing the wiring.

7. Thanks Bill13 thanked for this post