Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: wiring problem for LECL-153P

wiring problem for LECL-153P

I am trying to replace a DVEL/V-300P dimmer with a LECL-153P dimmer and am having a problem with the wiring. I believe this is wired as a single pole switch since no other switch controls this fixture. But the old switch has 3 wires connected. The box contains a white and two black wires (one slightly larger than the other). On the original dimmer, white was connected to white, black to the smaller black and the yellow wire to the larger black. The wiring diagram for the old switch indicated that the wire connected to black was the hot line. This worked fine. The new dimmer has red, white and red/white wires but the instructions for it show leaving the red/white wire unconnected. I already blew up one switch, so I want to get it right next time!

Quote Originally Posted by brollins View Post
    I am trying to replace a DVEL/V-300P dimmer with a LECL-153P dimmer and am having a problem with the wiring. I believe this is wired as a single pole switch since no other switch controls this fixture. But the old switch has 3 wires connected. The box contains a white and two black wires (one slightly larger than the other). On the original dimmer, white was connected to white, black to the smaller black and the yellow wire to the larger black. The wiring diagram for the old switch indicated that the wire connected to black was the hot line. This worked fine. The new dimmer has red, white and red/white wires but the instructions for it show leaving the red/white wire unconnected. I already blew up one switch, so I want to get it right next time!
    The DVELV dimmer required a neutral connection, the LECL does not. Just cap off the white wire.

If you are using the LECL as a single-pole (single location) control, cap off the red/white wire. Power in should connect to the black and the wire going to the lights should connect to the red.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com