Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Control4, Radio RA 2 and Pico

Control4, Radio RA 2 and Pico

I am having trouble integrating Pico controllers into existing system with Radio RA 2 main controller and C4 (I'm running C4 3.1.3, Radio RA 2 12.6). The other sensors / lights work fine. I see drivers for Radio RA 2 Select Pico but these seem to only work work along with Radio RA 2 Select Repeater Driver which is different than the Radio RA2 Repeater driver I'm using currently. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by cwilmo View Post
    I am having trouble integrating Pico controllers into existing system with Radio RA 2 main controller and C4 (I'm running C4 3.1.3, Radio RA 2 12.6). The other sensors / lights work fine. I see drivers for Radio RA 2 Select Pico but these seem to only work work along with Radio RA 2 Select Repeater Driver which is different than the Radio RA2 Repeater driver I'm using currently. Thank you.
    I'm just learning C4...again. You are correct. RadioRA 2 and RA2 Select use different integration protocols. RadioRA 2 is based on addressing. With C4 you have direct access to the dimmers and switches in RadioRA 2. Why would you need to talk to the Pico?
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    I'm just learning C4...again. You are correct. RadioRA 2 and RA2 Select use different integration protocols. RadioRA 2 is based on addressing. With C4 you have direct access to the dimmers and switches in RadioRA 2. Why would you need to talk to the Pico?
    We meet again, Randy C.!! This is Isaac O. formerly of A.A. So I'm fiddling with C4 + RadioRa 2 after a year of integrating with Ra2 Select. I'm for one wanting my (audio) Pico to control my music in the kitchen. Any luck finding the correct driver for the Pico? The RadioRa 2 keypad driver SAYS it can also pair with a Pico but I'm not having any luck....

Lutron Technical Support
    Thank you for your inquiry. The Audio Pico will have a device ID just like a keypad in the Radio RA2 system, so it should communicate with the right integration commands from the integration protocol pdf. We would advise checking with Control4 what command is it using specifically over telnet. You can also use telnet manually through command prompt or software like Puddy to test how you want the Pico to behave. This will help confirm if Control4 is sending the right line to Radio RA2.