Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wireless Palldiom

Wireless Palldiom

I'm looking for clarification about Palladiom roller shades.

When installing for wireless control, do Palladiom shades always require an external wireless receiver? I know that one can install an external receiver (anywhere within the wire run to the shade) and then a 4-wire cable brings both power and control to the shade itself.

But is that the ONLY wireless control option? Is it possible to order Palladiom shades with an internal wireless receiver? (Like QS Wireless roller blinds have)

Quote Originally Posted by PAR-Designer View Post
    I'm looking for clarification about Palladiom roller shades. When installing for wireless control, do Palladiom shades always require an external wireless receiver? I know that one can install an external receiver (anywhere within the wire run to the shade) and then a 4-wire cable brings both power and control to the shade itself. But is that the ONLY wireless control option? Is it possible to order Palladiom shades with an internal wireless receiver? (Like QS Wireless roller blinds have)
    I don't believe so. QS wireless shades are QS wired shades with an external RF receiver. I have not seen one with an internal receiver. Battery shades do have an internal receiver.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Lutron Technical Support
    Randyc is correct. the QS Wireless shades don't have an internal RF antenna. They use the external QSYC-J-RCVR antenna. The Palladiom shades also use this same antenna and connect to it using the QSYC-ADAPTER somewhere between the power supply and the shade.

Thank you both for the clarification!