Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hidden Cabinets

Question Hidden Cabinets

I'm starting a large RA2 project where the client has a wine room with cabinets. He wants have the interior of the cabinet light up when any door is opened. I was considering a Visor Control Receiver Contact Closure Input and Alarm contacts to form the Input. Once the loop (any door) is open it would turn on either a 8ANS or a Pro Dimmer. Any thoughts or ideas?David GrovesHigh IQ Homes of Texas, LLC

I think that could work quite well. Using normally closed switches in series or normally open in parallel. If you can find normally closed switches that sounds easier. I would do a dimmer just to have the fade on/off (seems like high $$$ job so insignificant cost for high cool factor). Could also do 6ND for lower cost, depending on driver situation.

It is probably best to remote this dimmer if possible to avoid confusion, and have these lights be completely automatic in nature.

Adding this load to other scenes should be ok but could result in unexpected behaviors. Same goes with controlling the load in the app. Should be fine, might not be.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by evankirkhart View Post
    I think that could work quite well. Using normally closed switches in series or normally open in parallel. If you can find normally closed switches that sounds easier. I would do a dimmer just to have the fade on/off (seems like high $$$ job so insignificant cost for high cool factor). Could also do 6ND for lower cost, depending on driver situation. It is probably best to remote this dimmer if possible to avoid confusion, and have these lights be completely automatic in nature. Adding this load to other scenes should be ok but could result in unexpected behaviors. Same goes with controlling the load in the app. Should be fine, might not be. Hope this helps!
    Thank you for the validation of my design. It will turn out be a 2 Processor job by the time I'm done, I hope.Will advise via the forum.David