Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: why is there not more options for keypads in RA2???

why is there not more options for keypads in RA2???

we have options for two keypads, if im not missing anything? Will any other keypads work? Having a hard time becoming a QS dealer because of all the competition around me but i have 25 to 30 projects going with RA2 and a few could be QS... Besides all of that, i can only offer these 2 types of keypads... Anyone know of anything we can do to get more availability to work with RA2? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matalhdmatt View Post
    we have options for two keypads, if im not missing anything? Will any other keypads work? Having a hard time becoming a QS dealer because of all the competition around me but i have 25 to 30 projects going with RA2 and a few could be QS... Besides all of that, i can only offer these 2 types of keypads... Anyone know of anything we can do to get more availability to work with RA2? thanks
    Probably not. I believe Lutron is marketing RA2 to a specific market (i.e. price point). Signature and Paladiom keypads would push it out off that market. It would also put RA2 in competition with HQS.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Not following here. There are three RA2 keypad options: Pico, Hybrid Keypad, and Wall Keypad. Within each there are several options. What are you looking for exactly?

Exactly what randyc posted... I need the options for the Signature and Paladiom keypads... It makes no sense that I am selling lighting controls but cant get QS software but need it at the same time to offer more for my costumers... Maybe we will go other routes other than lutron for lighting controls at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by matalhdmatt View Post
    I need the options for the Signature and Paladiom keypads..
    Honest question. What options are you seeking? None of the multi-million dollar homes (as high as 8 million) that have been for sale in my area (I go to as many open houses as I can to see what tech is offered) have Signature and Paladiom keypads. They either have colored RA2 keypads or whatever Control4 offers. Signature and Paladiom seem to be a corner case in my area. Funny enough, one house I visited (3+ million sale price, did not even have Claro style wall plates. Standard wall plates where I could see the screws).

Most of my homes I do are on lake keowee S.C. and are in the cliffs community's. If you are not aware of the cliffs, they are golf course community's... Most house range from 5,000 to 20,000 sqf. I have had a few clients ask for other options than the RA2 keypads. I am doing a job with grafix T keypads and switches, they are really cool looking. I guess vantage will be the way I have to go for now with panel systems and more keypad options until lutron can get off there high horse and allow more than 3 installers/ dealers in one area...

The RA2 Select main repeater lets you control your lights and blinds on your smartphone or tablet, from anywhere in the world using the free Lutron App. You can also use the versatile Pico remote for control throughout your home. The Pico is available as a keypad, for scene control, or as a remote, for individual light and blind control.

I'm guessing my use case of "if it's daytime, pressing a button fires different lighting scene" would be possible if I had a Ra2 or C4 button fire a C4 event, which in turn triggers a Ra2 scene.

Do you have direct contacts at Lutron? Do you have a distributor or Lutron rep firm contact? With that many installs, you should be talking directly with Lutron people and getting their attention.I know in my area they have a mentor program for Homeworks where you have to work under/with/beside an existing Homeworks dealer. Sort of like an apprenticeship program.I have a few potential jobs that might be viable for Homeworks, but things here are going more slowly. Not sure about your area, but my assumption is that Homeworks jobs are huge margin and I wouldn’t mind partnering with existing Homeworks dealer to share the job while also insuring success - especially larger Homeworks that are full panelized lighting and more complex than just a larger RA2 job with more keypad or device options.YMMV, of course.