Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How long does adding Triathlon shade to HWQS take? Shade is up, installed and working

Question How long does adding Triathlon shade to HWQS take? Shade is up, installed and working

We have 12 new Triathlon shades in the house. We already had 11. The new shades are physically installed, up and running, and currently working with picos. I would like to have them added/integrated to the Homeworks QS system that is already fully set up in the house. We have no other wireless equipment, there are 23, everything else is wired.--------------------- Question:I was quoted 1 hour per shade to integrate into the HWQS system. Full explanation below. I asked twice if this was correct and it may be completely true but it still seems long. Further there is 1 (only 1) keypad that needs reprogramming, it needs the Sonos released from the raise/lower. I will add the shades to the keypad myself later.-------------------Rate explanation:"We invoiced for 12 man hours to remove, acquire and rehang 11 shades last time. We were actually there 15 man hours. That’s how we got to the labor estimate to do this additional work. 12 shades plus keypad programming and adding the wireless repeater for the apartment got us to an estimated 20 man hours. If you prefer, we can invoice for actual time spent. We might get lucky and it could go faster. We could say, “Not to exceed” 20 man hours so that you know the amount will not go over. But if we get it done in less time, we’ll reflect that in the final invoice."
    Last edited by Christel; 07-04-2020 at 12:34 PM. Reason: I cannot figure out how to insert a hard line break

Quote Originally Posted by Christel View Post
    We have 12 new Triathlon shades in the house. We already had 11. The new shades are physically installed, up and running, and currently working with picos. I would like to have them added/integrated to the Homeworks QS system that is already fully set up in the house. We have no other wireless equipment, there are 23, everything else is wired.---------------------

Question:I was quoted 1 hour per shade to integrate into the HWQS system. Full explanation below. I asked twice if this was correct and it may be completely true but it still seems long. Further there is 1 (only 1) keypad that needs reprogramming, it needs the Sonos released from the raise/lower. I will add the shades to the keypad myself later.-------------------

Rate explanation:"We invoiced for 12 man hours to remove, acquire and rehang 11 shades last time. We were actually there 15 man hours. That’s how we got to the labor estimate to do this additional work. 12 shades plus keypad programming and adding the wireless repeater for the apartment got us to an estimated 20 man hours. If you prefer, we can invoice for actual time spent. We might get lucky and it could go faster. We could say, “Not to exceed” 20 man hours so that you know the amount will not go over. But if we get it done in less time, we’ll reflect that in the final invoice."
    You don't need to remove the shades to acquire them. You do have to reach the motor if you need to reset them to factory default. Since the new shades are already installed you can acquire them from the software. I'd say 1-2 hours.

Triathlon shades communicate via RF so, depending on the layout, you may need an additional repeater.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com