Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Scene-dimmed light not working right anymore

Scene-dimmed light not working right anymore

I had an LED ceiling light (not downlight) on a scene that turned it on at 10% and it was working just fine. But it suddenly stopped working and now at 10% or anything less it will not come on, but on occasion it will slowly pulse. The light will come on at 11% but it is much brighter than it was at 10% so this is more than a 1% difference and not ideal. When it comes on at 11%+ I can manually dim the light down, I just can't turn it on below 11% The first time I noticed this problem was after a power outage and I'm almost certain this light was off when the power went out. I don't use this 10% scene every day so I'm not sure if the problem started before the power outage or not. I think it is a coincidence that the power went out right before I noticed this for the first time. Could it be related? Anyone have any idea why this 10% level setting stopped working? I'd like to get things back to the way they were.

Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho View Post
    I had an LED ceiling light (not downlight) on a scene that turned it on at 10% and it was working just fine. But it suddenly stopped working and now at 10% or anything less it will not come on, but on occasion it will slowly pulse. The light will come on at 11% but it is much brighter than it was at 10% so this is more than a 1% difference and not ideal. When it comes on at 11%+ I can manually dim the light down, I just can't turn it on below 11% The first time I noticed this problem was after a power outage and I'm almost certain this light was off when the power went out. I don't use this 10% scene every day so I'm not sure if the problem started before the power outage or not. I think it is a coincidence that the power went out right before I noticed this for the first time. Could it be related? Anyone have any idea why this 10% level setting stopped working? I'd like to get things back to the way they were.
    The dimmers have a minimum and maximum light level (trim) that they will output. The default is 1% and 99%. I don't think the power outage would affect the trim setting. You stated that you can dim the light below 10% after it is on so I would lean towards the bulb(s) being slightly damaged, possibly during a surge when the power came back on.

The trim setting is only available in the programming software, not in the app.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    The dimmers have a minimum and maximum light level (trim) that they will output. The default is 1% and 99%. I don't think the power outage would affect the trim setting. You stated that you can dim the light below 10% after it is on so I would lean towards the bulb(s) being slightly damaged, possibly during a surge when the power came back on. The trim setting is only available in the programming software, not in the app.
    This may seem like a dumb question but is it possible for the lamp to be damaged even if it was off during the surge? Or is it never really off because the RR2 dimmer is always on?I have a whole-home point-of-entry surge protector at my circuit panel. Shouldn't this protect me from this type of damage?