Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mechanical Maestro and Caseta

Question Mechanical Maestro and Caseta

Hi I have several circuits in my house with Lutron Maestro, for example- 4way with Occupancy Sensor and Switch Companions- Dimmer and Dimmer CompanionI would like to buy Caseta to automate these circuits but dont want to spend a lot replacing all existing components.Is it possible to replace just one of the components like in the example above- 4way - replace one switch companion with a Caseta Switch and keep the remaining Switch companion and Occupancy Sensor- Dimer with a Caseta switch and keep the old Dimmer companion?Thanks in advanceGleudson

Quote Originally Posted by gleudson View Post
    Hi I have several circuits in my house with Lutron Maestro, for example- 4way with Occupancy Sensor and Switch Companions- Dimmer and Dimmer CompanionI would like to buy Caseta to automate these circuits but dont want to spend a lot replacing all existing components.Is it possible to replace just one of the components like in the example above- 4way - replace one switch companion with a Caseta Switch and keep the remaining Switch companion and Occupancy Sensor- Dimer with a Caseta switch and keep the old Dimmer companion?Thanks in advanceGleudson
    No. Most Caseta dimmers and switches are single location. There are a couple of models that will work with a single, mechanical, 3-way switch. To control Caseta dimmers and switches from multiple locations you would use Pico remotes. Picos are battery powered RF remotes (no wiring). You can NOT use any of the Maestro companion dimmers or switches with Caseta.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com