Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro fan control and dimmer (MA-LFQHW) with remote-controlled fan?

Maestro fan control and dimmer (MA-LFQHW) with remote-controlled fan?

Will the Maestro quiet fan control and digital fade dimmer (model MA-LFQHW) work with a fan that’s controlled by a remote?The fan is a single pole powered by an on/off wall switch. The remote controls light and fan on/off, fan speed (low/medium/high) and light dimmer. There is a toggle switch on the fan itself to control direction. With my current setup, I leave the wall switch on all the time so the fan will run, and have the remote mounted to the wall right beside the switch to control the light. Aside from that, I have no use for the remote and would prefer to control the light and fan both from a wall switch.I’m hoping I can do this with this switch and canopy module. It appears that my fan meets all the tech specs for compatibility, but I can’t seem to find anywhere if it will work with a fan that uses a remote. I figured as long as I used the remote to set it to the highest fan speed and brightest light setting, I could then hide the remote in a drawer and use the wall control instead. :)Any help is most appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by taryn.mckee View Post
    Will the Maestro quiet fan control and digital fade dimmer (model MA-LFQHW) work with a fan that’s controlled by a remote?The fan is a single pole powered by an on/off wall switch. The remote controls light and fan on/off, fan speed (low/medium/high) and light dimmer. There is a toggle switch on the fan itself to control direction. With my current setup, I leave the wall switch on all the time so the fan will run, and have the remote mounted to the wall right beside the switch to control the light. Aside from that, I have no use for the remote and would prefer to control the light and fan both from a wall switch.I’m hoping I can do this with this switch and canopy module. It appears that my fan meets all the tech specs for compatibility, but I can’t seem to find anywhere if it will work with a fan that uses a remote. I figured as long as I used the remote to set it to the highest fan speed and brightest light setting, I could then hide the remote in a drawer and use the wall control instead. :)Any help is most appreciated!
    No. The MA-LFQ needs direct access to the fan motor. Your fan has a receiver for the remote between the wall switch and the fan motor. Generally speaking, you need a fan with a pull chain to use the MA-LFQ.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com