Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RadioRA2 integraton with Alarm.com

RadioRA2 integraton with Alarm.com

What is the required equipment and procedures for integration of my RA2 system with Alarm.com?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post bobandtina55.

We do offer this application note found here at https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...ntegration.pdf that will go of the process of getting the two systems integrated.
    We would know that you need the RadioRa2 Main Repeater. As for what equipment you would need from Alarm.com we would recommend reaching out to Alarm.com Hope this helps!

Looking for a higher level of Integration

Seen that document before, but that gives you a pretty low level of integration (flashing or solid lights on with an alarm). How do we get control of Lutron dimmers and shades on Alram.com? Does it require a Smart Bridge Pro and an App? Not possible?Thanks!

Radio Ra 2 Integration with Alarm.com

Hi, has anyone had any luck integrating alarm.com with radio ra 2? I have a 2 main repeater system and only a few of my devices are showing up in the alarm.com app. I tried to integrate using the alarm.com app which uses my Lutron credentials to connect with the Connect Bridge, but I think the alarm.com system needs to connect directly to my main repeaters? I think the documentation that Lutron provided regarding the alarm.com integration is out of date? Should my alarm.com dealer be able to connect directly to my main repeaters with his app access? Thanks in advance for any help!

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello! Alarm.com does require integration direct with the main repeaters. It does not integrate through the Connect Bridge or the Connect App. The above linked document is still current.

Still lacking basics

What the referenced document above doesn't say... HOW is the underlying communication happening? Is this Ethernet (implying that both the RadioRA2 repeater AND the Alarm.com panel need to be on the same network, Using the Bridge in some fashion (although its been mentioned thats not the case), RS232 integration, VCRX integration... its really clear as mud.Almost sounds like a couple politicians arguing - they say absolutely nothing of substance, and you wind up with half-truths and a bunch of hot air!