Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta wireless switch with LED Downlight not very dim at lowest setting

Question Caseta wireless switch with LED Downlight not very dim at lowest setting

We had ceiling lights installed by a contractor who used Lithonia wafer downlights. They work (both on the wall and via the app) with the Caseta switches, however they do not get very low lighting on the lowest of the settings.They checked the wafer light to be sure it is set on the lowest possible setting of the three offered and it is. There does not appear to be anything else on the light itself to allow a lower/warmer setting. I am looking for a way perhaps using the Lutron switching to make this lighting dim lower.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyJ View Post
    We had ceiling lights installed by a contractor who used Lithonia wafer downlights. They work (both on the wall and via the app) with the Caseta switches, however they do not get very low lighting on the lowest of the settings.They checked the wafer light to be sure it is set on the lowest possible setting of the three offered and it is. There does not appear to be anything else on the light itself to allow a lower/warmer setting. I am looking for a way perhaps using the Lutron switching to make this lighting dim lower.
    You are correct. The setting on the driver sets the color temperature of the bulb. 2700k is the warmest. You can try adjusting the trim on the dimmer. See Caseta Advanced Instruction link below.

I didn't have your model number but the ones I saw require an ELV dimmer. The only Caseta ELV dimmer is the PD-5NE. If you are using any other dimmer it will shorten the life of the LED and may cause issues like not dimming very low.

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...structions.pdf
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Replaced with Halo wafers to get better/warmer dimming at lower settings

Thanks Randy!! tried ELV with no results here - however replacing the wafers with a HALO product did give warmer light when dimmed
    Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    You are correct. The setting on the driver sets the color temperature of the bulb. 2700k is the warmest. You can try adjusting the trim on the dimmer. See Caseta Advanced Instruction link below. I didn't have your model number but the ones I saw require an ELV dimmer. The only Caseta ELV dimmer is the PD-5NE. If you are using any other dimmer it will shorten the life of the LED and may cause issues like not dimming very low. http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...structions.pdf