Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Dimmer Mistake

Lightbulb Dimmer Mistake

I have a Lutron MA-L3S25. I unfortunately installed lights that do not dim...my mistake. I changed it, however the switch now does not work. There are three blinking lights constantly on the light switch portion but I cannot "reset" the switch. What do I do?? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by regrock100 View Post
    I have a Lutron MA-L3S25. I unfortunately installed lights that do not dim...my mistake. I changed it, however the switch now does not work. There are three blinking lights constantly on the light switch portion but I cannot "reset" the switch. What do I do?? Please help.
    The dimmer side of that device has a 40 watt minimum load. If you are using LEDs you are probably below the minimum load. Lutron makes a capacitor (LUT-MLC) that might help. They used to say it was only for switches but sometimes they say try it with a dimmer.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hi regrock100,It sounds like you might be using LEDs with this Lutron control, unfortunately this control is not rated for LED lighting loads. We would recommend ensuring you are only using incandescent or halogen lighting loads with this Lutron control.Hope this helps! -Justin F.