Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 150' separation

Question 150' separation

It's about 150 feet from the house to the boat house. SmartBridge Pro in the house within line of sight of the boat house. What's the best way to handle this? We have great wifi coverage already at the boat house from an AP on the porch.

Lutron Technical Support
    It sounds like that still may be a bit far. There is a Caseta repeater PD-REP-WH that can extend the range of the bridge another 60 feet . However, 150 in another structure is not really what the system was designed for. If you have a router in the boat house you may be able to connect a second bridge there and connect it to the same email account through the use of the multi home feature in the app. This would be the best option. You would need a network connection in the boat house to do this though.

Thanks. Can one "house" talk to the other "house?" In other words, could a scene in the main house control the boathouse on another bridge? I'd really like to have a Pico up here to turn off the lights on the boathouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Thanks. Can one "house" talk to the other "house?" In other words, could a scene in the main house control the boathouse on another bridge? I'd really like to have a Pico up here to turn off the lights on the boathouse.
    No, you would have to switch homes in the app. There are some 3rd party systems that might let you send signals to both systems at the same time. I don't have any experience with them so I can't recommend one.

I would try putting a repeater at the closest point in the house and a 3PCL at the closest house in the boathouse (or vice-versa). Since it is open-air there is a possibility it might work.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com