Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Control of RTS (SOMFY) motors

Somfy connect translator grouping motors

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hellander View Post
    I realize this is probably too late, but yes the Star configuration will work. However, you can only have one URTSI Transmit at a time. Contact me with any questions.

Jim - Somfy.
    In the programming instructions for the Somfy Connect LTI (translator), it appears that you can only associate "map" a RA2 keypad button press with only one Somfy motor (channel).? Is it possible to associate "map" more than one Somfy motor (channel) per key press?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is it possible

Quote Originally Posted by mehuneau View Post
    I successfully integrated control of wireless RTS roller blinds with SOMFY motors from both a hwqs and an hwi systems.

It took some time and effort to put together the xls driver file for illuminations but it was worth it. It have raise, lower, stop, intermediate position commands for all 16 groups.

I'll happily share the driver and details should anyone be interested. I accept payment in kind. Beer comes to mind but in in France so that might be tricky.
    . . . . to integrate the somfy RS485 shade motor with Lutron QED 7 wire system which is already in place and operating other shades? The shades that were previously in this location have been discarded. I was told the Lutron QED system is obsolete and needs to be replaced. Hoping that the Lutron QED can communicate through 2 of the remaining 5 wires - any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for resurrecting this post but I'm having difficulty controlling 16 Somfy RTS blinds from a Homeworks QS system through a 485 RTS transmitter. Lutron had told me to work it through a Digi SP one, ethernet to RS485 convertor however, now that I have this unit Lutron are not providing any support. I have found a Lutron document which lists the settings of the Digi SP One but I still have no control over the Sonfy RTS transmitter.

If your module will pull me out of this one I am happy to pay for the module

Many thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmayne View Post
    Sorry for resurrecting this post but I'm having difficulty controlling 16 Somfy RTS blinds from a Homeworks QS system through a 485 RTS transmitter. Lutron had told me to work it through a Digi SP one, ethernet to RS485 convertor however, now that I have this unit Lutron are not providing any support. I have found a Lutron document which lists the settings of the Digi SP One but I still have no control over the Sonfy RTS transmitter.

If your module will pull me out of this one I am happy to pay for the module

Many thanks in advance
    What kind is your 485 RTS transmitter ?

from my experience, you need a couple of things :
    - an USB to RS485 adapter (or USB to RS232 plus 232 to 485). Try a null modem dongle if it does not work. Or switch RX and TX.

- the RTS demo tool from Somfy, pretty hard to source. Enables you to connect the PC to the transmitter and test the thing. Plus it’s the most convenient way to create your 16 groups and program motors to be part of these.
    The tool will detect the transmitter. You just have to choose the correct COM port.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fpb3djjl4...JOJDdYQva?dl=0

- then when this is confirmed functioning, you need to setup the Digi unit just right :
    4800, odd, 8 data, 1 stop (the odd parity is so unusual)

Here’s the link to the CSV file for QS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bx9q7foyol...%20QS.csv?dl=0

Thanks for the quick response! I have the demo tool and can operate the blinds when connected USB to the Somfy RS485 RTS Transmitter (https://controlissblinds.co.uk/somfy...ts-transmitter - Which is hard to find on Somfys site)

The digi seems to connect and I have tried sending commands similar to this (may be the same) that I got from the RS485 frame builder but I am getting nothing. Do you know what pin out the 9 pin should be? I'm getting conflicting info everywhere I look and feel that I might be stumbling at this point

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmayne View Post
    The digi seems to connect and I have tried sending commands similar to this (may be the same) that I got from the RS485 frame builder but I am getting nothing. Do you know what pin out the 9 pin should be? I'm getting conflicting info everywhere I look and feel that I might be stumbling at this point
    I’d go on a limb and suggest 2/3 and 5 for the usual RX TX GND, but I would triple check on the digi documentation.

There are two ways to generate control frames. One will be to insert the serial number of the RTS transmitter, used for multi-drop configurations when several of these are daisy chained to the same RS485 link. For when one needs more than 16 groups, or if the house is laaarge.

I chose to generate broadcast frames. From then on it’s mainly a matter of formatting into the correct format for QS to understand. But i did that. Want me to double check the file I’m using ?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5CF8FB81-5D1F-4E85-9F33-8B899A314E2F.jpeg  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/24ic91okjc...01-03.csv?dl=0

This file has the Open Stop Close and My commands for groups 1 to 3. Sinc it isn’t complete, I suspect my previous file was not working, and I never had the use for groups 4 and up in QS.

Anyway, this should work with your RTS transmitter, and give you a template for groups 4 to 16.
    (If you complete the file, I’m interested ;-) )

The digi was a replacement to another serial port server, and port 3000 might very well not be de default on the digi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E9932750-3008-4606-A750-1311377B86A1.png  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12